Color Voice Series

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
So, I'm kinda surprised that there isn't a thread dedicated to this yet, so I'll talk about the Color Voice Series for CeVIO here!

Basically, it's five different vocals that cover various genres and voice types, all unified by a color theme. I believe the company behind it is JOYSOUND?

As of this writing(3/7/15), the released vocals are:
Minato Akasaki (Red) he's my husbando, I mean Bio and I's
Kasumi Midorisaki (Green)

The next two, the grey and gold voices are to be released March 19. The last of the voices will be released April 23rd.

On their own, they cost 4000 yen(about $34 USD) per vocal, 8000 yen(approx. $67 USD) when bundled with CeVIO Creative Studio S.

I don't know the names of the other ones; If anyone can translate them for me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Some works made with them:

but geez why are people hating on these vocals?

Reactions: comet3 and Tema

etherealfrost

Teto's Territory
They sound a lot like Vocaloid2ーthey're voices all have that grainy bit to them. Or really amazing UTAUs.

I really like the gold and yellow vocals! They're very unique. They stand out a bit amongst all of the cutesy female voices we get from Vocaloid.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
My favourite part about them is their mature sound... they really sound like they could be used effectively for backing vocals in mainstream songs. Red is the only that sounds really clear to me; the others need more clarity, but overall they're so real sounding.
Probably because they're not voice acted but... yum. I might have to get my hands on a few.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
They sound a lot like Vocaloid2ーthey're voices all have that grainy bit to them. Or really amazing UTAU.

I really like the gold and yellow vocals! They're very unique. They stand out a bit amongst all of the cutesy female voices we get from Vocaloid.

Judging from what I've read on opinions about the yellow one, I find it funny that you say that; Most people actually compare her to Meiko haha. However, I really do like the yellow one! It's very sharp and cool sounding! The gold one sounds good for Enka stuff :smile:

The hard part about these demos though is that they're all untuned: Compare Minato's official demo with his cover of Qualia Rise(?)/クオリアライズ. With the softer sounding vocals, producers will probably polish them up a little.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To me the yellow me sounds kinda like V1 Meiko..
The Gray one sounds like Leon
But the Green and the Red ones are my fave!

Catlione

Teto's Territory
I'm fascinated by male vocals, they are so deep and mature and a bit husky, great.
And I'm also fascinated that cevio started to get a lot of attention, at first One, now 6 new vocals

Reactions: swiss cake

pepro123

Momo's Minion
Any way I can buy these out of japan (by online)
Yes , but......................., you must know someone who knows about japanese , ok? and then you have to become a vector store user, and then make a lot , i mean, A LOT , of things to finally buy it, but its worth it

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Yes , but......................., you must know someone who knows about japanese , ok? and then you have to become a vector store user, and then make a lot , i mean, A LOT , of things to finally buy it, but its worth it
I completely didn't understood TT^TT, I know someone who is in Japan, but I dont know what a Vector store user is though

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Here, I have raw samples of each of the released ColorVoiceSeries members. I had my friend oov render them for me so that there would be some form of reference for each CeVIO. I'll put up samples of Airi and Yuudai when they're released.

I love this series of vocals. While Yamato and Koharu have their problems, they can be fixed easily. I'll be buying Airi as soon as I can after her release, and then the rest of them~ I hope everyone can give CeVIO a chance!

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
Ahhhhh what a great little resource you guys have made! I never even noticed how Yamato and Koharu go a little out of tune sometimes, it's great to know that now!

Reactions: Xuu

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ahhhhh what a great little resource you guys have made! I never even noticed how Yamato and Koharu go a little out of tune sometimes, it's great to know that now!
It is easily fixed, only a problem with timing. You can edit it with CeVIO's Velocity Control! I'll try and help a lot with this, I'm already working on song pages for the CeVIO wiki and I know a few things about them.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
It is easily fixed, only a problem with timing. You can edit it with CeVIO's Velocity Control! I'll try and help a lot with this, I'm already working on song pages for the CeVIO wiki and I know a few things about them.
Ooooh, nice. I only have the free version of Satou Sasara, so I'm not really familiar with the editing options in the paid versions of CeVIO. I think in the future, I would love to have Minato~ he's my husabando, after all.

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ooooh, nice. I only have the free version of Satou Sasara, so I'm not really familiar with the editing options in the paid versions of CeVIO. I think in the future, I would love to have Minato~ he's my husabando, after all.
Free CeVIO lacks so much to be honest xD The paid version is worth it!
You can get Minato as a Starter Pack for 8640 Yen, which isn't much at all compared to VOCALOID, and after you have the editor you can buy singular CeVIOs for 4320 Yen. I think that they're really cheap, I could probably buy 1-2 of them a month if I saved ww

Reactions: WendytheCreeper

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Free CeVIO lacks so much to be honest xD The paid version is worth it!
You can get Minato as a Starter Pack for 8640 Yen, which isn't much at all compared to VOCALOID, and after you have the editor you can buy singular CeVIOs for 4320 Yen. I think that they're really cheap, I could probably buy 1-2 of them a month if I saved ww
If I were to buy Cevio and Akasaki Minato together,it would cost 64 dollars or more than that? would it also be a digital download only, right?
Sorry for the questions I just wanna make sure how much they are with the editor, I really like CeVIO