Failed to generate wav file error - won't render wav files

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I started to get this error while working with utau today. I thought it was just that file so I used a new file with midi. Still got the same error. I tried rendering an older file that had moresampler set and cached files with no problem. I tried a new file with a few notes, default wavtool, default resampler, and Defoko and that gave me the same error too. I've been using Doppeltler and wavtool64 for about a week with this project I'm working on, so I thought maybe that corrupted something and I uninstalled and reinstalled utau to no avail.

Utau was working fine last night and the only thing different today was that I updated Synth V and Vocaloid5 before using utau. I don't think that would change anything with utau, but I'm going to try uninstalling those incase something in one of those updates caused this error with utau. Edit: I also installed hte FormantShift VST that came with Gumi.

Does anyone have any advice or help? I know I rambled a bit here, but I'm just so frustrated right now. Sorry
Edit: Things will render with "use resampler.dll for rendering" checked in options. Also even though I cleaned out the VirtualStore file for utau and the program files folder, it still shows that I have a shareware key when I boot up utau.
(Copy and Pasted from my vocaverse post)

Lyouuv

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This message used to happen to me a lot too so your frustration is very understandable :annoyed: don't apologize!!!

Honestly I feel like there's so many different things that would cause the error message... so you could check some of these;
  • Make sure your resamplers are all unzipped, sitting in the same folder as utau.exe
  • Run UTAU as admin
  • then try using a resampler by clicking the browse button just a bit to the right of the tool1 / tool2 field and pick your resampler / wavtool. (to make sure you're directory wasn't mixed up)
And recently I had an issue where it would render but never show up in the place I set it to render to...? But then I later found out it's because the path I set it to save to was off and didn't actually exist on my Windows, so instead I ended up rendering it to my desktop and got it to show up there! So try;
  • Making sure the path in which you're saving the ust to actually exists, render it and see what happens.
  • If that doesn't work try rendering it to a different location (like desktop).

Reactions: WyndReed

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko

Thanks for the info. I tried all of these things and sadly none of them worked. I tried a system restore, which didn't work either. I really think at this point that either the synthv update or the vocaloid5 update messed up some code on my computer, so I'm thinking of refreshing/resetting my computer at this point.

Lyouuv

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
hmmm, the only other thing I can think of is moving your entire UTAU folder somewhere that's not program files. (like desktop or documents.) Maybe there are permission issues that having UTAU in program files sometimes come up. So I'd try that, but then I'm out of ideas :,(

Also, I kind of doubt updating Vocaloid or Synth V would do anything to UTAU...? But since you said the problem still happened even when you uninstalled/re-installed UTAU I wonder if UTAU itself isn't the problem.

So when you try a completely different UST that uses a completely different midi (maybe try downloading a UST of a random, different song than what you are trying to work on atm) does the error still happen?

Reactions: WyndReed

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
hmmm, the only other thing I can think of is moving your entire UTAU folder somewhere that's not program files. (like desktop or documents.) Maybe there are permission issues that having UTAU in program files sometimes come up. So I'd try that, but then I'm out of ideas :,(

Also, I kind of doubt updating Vocaloid or Synth V would do anything to UTAU...? But since you said the problem still happened even when you uninstalled/re-installed UTAU I wonder if UTAU itself isn't the problem.

So when you try a completely different UST that uses a completely different midi (maybe try downloading a UST of a random, different song than what you are trying to work on atm) does the error still happen?
Yeah it still happens no matter if its a midi, ust, or just some notes created in the editor. I’m pretty sure at this point that code for an asset used by utau got messed up or something systemic was messed with. I’m going to shelve any work I was doing and reset my computer when I have the time and energy. Thank you for your help though.