Teto's Territory
Hi! I dont know how to make an japanese ust to an english ust
I dont rlly understand how to transform Japonese Phonemes to english phonemes
Is there a plugin for that? :/

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Are you trying to make an English voicebank sing the original Japanese lyrics? Or are you trying to take a Japanese song and translate the lyrics to English?

Reactions: minion

socialgutbrain777

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Under the assumption that you want to make an English voicebank sing Japanese lyrics, just install IroIro if you haven't already, as I figured out how to do batch replacements with it which has saved my life.

So, the first thing you'll want to do is go to plugins/iroiro2/Replace/Tikan, and make a new text file. Each line of the text file should have the following:
  • The phoneme you want to convert
  • A comma
  • The phoneme you'll be converting to
For example, here's a quick one I did that converts romaji phonemes to CZ-style english phonemes:

upload_2019-8-28_7-20-14.png

As you can see, the phonemes before the commas are romaji, but the phonemes after the commas are English.

Save the file with whatever name you want and run UTAU. Then, run IroIro from the plugins list.

Under the characters tab, click 'Replace (By List)'.

You should end up getting this window:

Capture2.PNG

To your left is a bunch of configurations which most of them I don't know what they are, and to your right are the notes in the UST, ready to be converted. Now, here's where it gets fun. Click the little 'tikan.txt' button and a drop-down menu will appear under it. Select your text file from the list. When you look at the table to the right, the right column should have your converted phonemes! Click OK, which closes the window, and click OK on the original IroIro window which saves and applies the changes to your UST.

Here's my UST before I converted it (I apologize for the gaudy theme I have installed):

upload_2019-8-28_7-33-39.png

And here's the grand reveal... drum roll, please!

TUMMARUMMATUMMARUMMATUMMARUMMATUMMARUMMATUMMARUMMA--

Ta-da!

upload_2019-8-28_7-35-47.png

They're now English phonemes!
Here's an example of a UST I converted:

upload_2019-8-28_7-53-2.png

NOTE: It'll only work if the vb in the project uses the phonemes you're converting to. If not, a lot of the notes will be red and little to no changes will be applied.

A random tip: You can also convert to r's into l's instead, then change the consonant velocity on those notes to something really high, which tends to sound better and less awkward than listening to your UTAUloid pronounce everything with a hard r.

Now, I don't know how to do this with styles such as Arpasing, as said style tends to always have spaces in between the phonemes as to not confuse them. I might figure it out, but I have no idea.

Anyway! I hope it works! With that, I say adieu!

Reactions: minion

minion

Teto's Territory
Are you trying to make an English voicebank sing the original Japanese lyrics? Or are you trying to take a Japanese song and translate the lyrics to English?
I want to translate it to english ;;
[doublepost=1567084722][/doublepost]
Under the assumption that you want to make an English voicebank sing Japanese lyrics, just install IroIro if you haven't already, as I figured out how to do batch replacements with it which has saved my life.

So, the first thing you'll want to do is go to plugins/iroiro2/Replace/Tikan, and make a new text file. Each line of the text file should have the following:
  • The phoneme you want to convert
  • A comma
  • The phoneme you'll be converting to
For example, here's a quick one I did that converts romaji phonemes to CZ-style english phonemes:

View attachment 8445

As you can see, the phonemes before the commas are romaji, but the phonemes after the commas are English.

Save the file with whatever name you want and run UTAU. Then, run IroIro from the plugins list.

Under the characters tab, click 'Replace (By List)'.

You should end up getting this window:

View attachment 8446

To your left is a bunch of configurations which most of them I don't know what they are, and to your right are the notes in the UST, ready to be converted. Now, here's where it gets fun. Click the little 'tikan.txt' button and a drop-down menu will appear under it. Select your text file from the list. When you look at the table to the right, the right column should have your converted phonemes! Click OK, which closes the window, and click OK on the original IroIro window which saves and applies the changes to your UST.

Here's my UST before I converted it (I apologize for the gaudy theme I have installed):

View attachment 8447

And here's the grand reveal... drum roll, please!

TUMMARUMMATUMMARUMMATUMMARUMMATUMMARUMMATUMMARUMMA--

Ta-da!

View attachment 8448

They're now English phonemes!
Here's an example of a UST I converted:

View attachment 8449

NOTE: It'll only work if the vb in the project uses the phonemes you're converting to. If not, a lot of the notes will be red and little to no changes will be applied.

A random tip: You can also convert to r's into l's instead, then change the consonant velocity on those notes to something really high, which tends to sound better and less awkward than listening to your UTAUloid pronounce everything with a hard r.

Now, I don't know how to do this with styles such as Arpasing, as said style tends to always have spaces in between the phonemes as to not confuse them. I might figure it out, but I have no idea.

Anyway! I hope it works! With that, I say adieu!
Thank you!