Hiragana Alias Help? :c

missy20201

Momo's Minion
I am trying to make a Hiragana alias for my UTAU. I have Japanese locale and keyboard installed. I have Windows7. I tried copying and pasting from a chart on wiki, but the notes were symbols. Not questions marks like most people seem to have, but...thick lines and dashes...I checked if it was just my UTAU, but Defoko has the symbols, too, but when you select the note, in the Alias note it shows the Hiragana symbol like it should(Defoko and my UTAU). I enabled the Japanese keyboard and typed it in by hand. Symbols. I checked to see if it would still sing since when I wrote in notes, it appeared to be able to sing the symbols, but with a UST, it just wouldn't work. I'm not quite sure how to use the converter, but i installed Perl and the newest Java, so if someone could explain to me step by step how to do that, maybe I could figure it out. Could someone help? Thanks in advance~

(Could someone perhaps give me tips on the oto.ini too? I don't quite get that...)

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
1. Are you starting "as Administrator" (ie, Right clicking the UTAU icon when opening it)
2. Installer or .zip download of UTAU?
3. Are you absolutely sure your locale is switched?

It sounds as if you either haven't switched locale or it was switched back, so you can double check your locale, and if that reads JP then try another DL of UTAU.

I use Win7 too, and I'm pretty sure I used the installer found here: http://utau-synth.com/download.html

missy20201

Momo's Minion
1. Eh, I double-click it and when it says it can't verify the publisher and asks if I want to anyway, I hit Run and it opens. It does the same for Minecraft, etc., so I figured it was fine...
2. .zip version
3. I double-checked. Definitely Japanese locale!

I used the DL from the wiki, where it says something like 'or to download directly, click here'. I've heard of UTAU Synth...is it different? I'll check it out. Thanks ^^

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
UTAU-Synth is technically the Mac version, but the UTAU main DL site is called that now haha.
use the Windows 2.77 DL on that site for the installer; the zip you have could be a missing a particular font file that I've seen causing similar issues.

Also, next time you start UTAU use the properties to set it to "Run as Admin" every time, otherwise you get issues with not being able to edit certain banks or save USTs.
Hope this works...

missy20201

Momo's Minion
The Japanese font is displaying correctly with UTAU-Synth, woop! Thanks so much! Ah, can I ask you some questions about UTAU-Synth? Like for the English patch, the instructions are for Macs...also when I try to unzip it it says there's a problem preventing it from encrypting it and asks if I'm alright with copying it without encrypting it and if I click OK, there's an extra folder in it with random stuff that wasn't encrypted...do you know how to fix that? (So sorry for asking so much...I'm so technologically impaired)

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Okay, to make this simpler:
UTAU-Synth is often used as the name for THE MAC VERSION of UTAU in the English speaking community, while just "UTAU" is still the Windows version.
So you need the "UTAU" English patch, not the "UTAU-Synth" one. I feel like we made that harder than it needs to be, really. :cynical: