How did you name your Utau??

divarima442

Momo's Minion
My UTAU's name is actually a really boring story and pretty simple. I got the first name Rima because my own name. Kamin the last name comes from the Japanese word meaning Joyful rhyme referring to the fact that my UTAU is pretty joyful and so am I ^^~

candymarbles

Teto's Territory
Well, when I was little, I was REALLY into archaeology... (I have a shelf-ful of fossils and minerals and whatever from when I was still collecting them -_-) And then, when I was around eleven or so, I decided I wanted to be a music artist *Daft Punk/Deadmau5 fan*. Because of my interests, I decided that I would call myself Geode when I started making music. Then, I got into UTAU, and for some reason that I forget, I decided to name the UTAU I voiced Geode. And, well, here we are~

And... Caccin is a nonsense word I made up because I saw that there was another UTAU named Fang. I just thought it sounded pretty owo

When I first named Soran, I was at Disney-world in Florida. There's a ride there called "Soarin" (a flight simulator). While waiting in line, I said to my mom, "You know what, I want to name one of my characters Soarin." So, I did, and Mikine was easy because of Mickey and, well... -ne. *cries* T^T

Also, your Hindi sounds so pretty...

IceeBlue

Momo's Minion
Hmmm...

Iris is one of the many names I liked, so it's no surprise that it ended up as her first name. I wanted the name to have some sort of relation to my username, so I decided that her surname must be something C (Icee = I.C.). It was first Caldrina, a surname from an unused character of mine, until I decided to go with Cadenza because it sounded better and it's the name of my favorite video game character at the time. xDDD

What I didn't realize is that Cadenza is a musical term. I accidentally discovered its meaning while I was randomly Googling one day. It's pretty neat, and all the reason to keep her name as is! xD

And naming her genderbend's easy.
Iris => Ai Ris => Ris => Rhys, which meant 'enthusiasm' according to some name site I frequent. Fitting for the personality I had in mind for him. And one of the 'cool' names I like, too!

Aline

Teto's Territory
I took a word in the dictionary that meant "waltz" and, in a sheer lack of creativity, I took my own name and plastered it on my UTAU OwO;

Ono

Teto's Territory
Well naming Onomichi wasn't too much of a challenge. I named her after my username, so yeah.
The name comes from back when I was in middle school and my friends all had cool Japanese nicknames. I was such a follower back then that I went and made up a name as well. Onomichi coming from a random Japanese names site. Saruokami comes from my early obsession with Monkeys "Saru" and my friend's favorite animal, a wolf "okami". Put two and two together and I got Onomichi Saruokami and sort of kept the name up until now.

Tomo's name all came from desperation for a name. I didn't want his name to be "too cute" or "too manly". I looked on the Japanese name sites again and conjured up Tomo Chiyoko.
Later on, I realize his name is like Tomo and Chiyo-Chan from Azumanga Daioh, mixed into one name. xD OTL

Elisimse

Momo's Minion
Hm, for me? OK.
For YouSei and YouKai, I wanted to find a name who can reflects their real nature (so, an Fairy and a Devil) and make a wordplay.
"YouSei" has for interpretation "fairy" and Star of State". For "YouKai", it means "devil" and "Time of State" . They're brother & sister, but YouSei hates YouKai, YouKai hates YouSei... So, the story about the time and the space (for star) is really iInteresting for me~

Concerning Maxeian... Nothing to say : I've find this name on a RPG forum, because an user says : "Maxeian would say "lily flower" in elfic" ... Herm, for her name, it's not difficult~

emziloids

Momo's Minion
I basically just randomly made up Japanese sounding names. With my first UTAU (Kiaku) I basically just thought wow it has a "ki" an "a" and a "ku" in it, It must be Japanese (please do not judge me and my younger , stupid self)
For Risa I thought it sounded cute and it reminded me of Kisa from Fruits Basket .
My brother mad up Raku as it's his UTAU and strangely enough it actually means something! (it means comfort, ease or release)
That's basically!  :sing: :blink:

MsStarryDreams

Momo's Minion
With Papil... It was all an accident that relates to how I designed her. x3 I was doodling an eye with a butterfly wing radiating from it in my notebook. I was like, "Holy Sugar Flavored Unicorns in the freakin' night sky. This is cool." So I doodled a character with eyes like that, and, at first, I didn't know she was going to become my UTAU so I named her "Chou-Chan" for the lolz. Well. Yeah. My original UTAU Koko sorta died, because I'm a derp. I was sorta attached to Koko, so I felt like re-doing her would never be the same.  I started doodling "Chou-chan" A LOT. And one day... it hit me, she would make an AWESOME Utau. So the first thing I did, was rename her. It took a while, but my mom's a french teacher, and I knew the word papillon meant butterfly. So I took papillon shaved off some letters, and got Papil.    . w . b I don't think she's gonna have a last name, though. I like the simplicity of just "Papil".

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
This will be a LOONG story.

Ok, first I came up with a character. That was a long time ago. XD. I liked VOCALOID then but didn't really know what UTAU was. So basically I was messing around with some translator and thought of "zokune." Then it had different kanji. (It meant village sound or something?) For the first name, I put the first thing that came to mind — "Nao." So yeah. When I discovered UTAU, I wanted to make a voice bank. First, name. (see what I did thar?) I found my sketchbook where I first put the name. I wanted to do the same surname, different first name. I changed the kanji to 続音 and I changed the first name to Eien. (永絵 I think...) Later, Eien became Ein. the end.

WhoahASnowglobe

Momo's Minion
Well, for me, I just kinda picked a name that suited his character design XD So I named him Koufuku Yoichi, which translate to Happy Sunshine because he is a hippy XD