How has singing synthesis effected you?

P

partial

Effected? Affected? You get what I mean. (I hope.)

Anyway, do you have any sort of personal connection to singthesis, or is it just a hobby?

I have an incredibly personal connection to the music featuring Vocaloid singers. The music I found over the years has saved me from really difficult times, times that I'd planned to have be the end of it.

I really relate to the song, Ghost Rule. I feel almost as though it was written about me, though I know it wasn't.

Is there a particular meaning singthesis has to you? Has Vocaloid or UTAU (or any other singthesizer) helped you get through life?

I'm curious.

Reactions: Buck and Nohkara

notsoul_elli

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I explained UTAU, and otos to my boyfriend who knows nothing about UTAU. I said that oto's are kindof like "words", and that theres a limit to the number of "words" you can have.

I told him that I'm making a complicated english voicebank (vcv-vc) and that I'm way ver the limit of about 42,000 and he yelled at me.

Reactions: Buck

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Like any hobby or toy people can easily get attached to the software out of pure curiosity.
Like any work of fiction a person can be drawn into a character, music, or other work.

For me, synthesis is another way for someone to express themselves.... whether it be emotionally or to showcase their skill. It's fun, challenging, and sometimes spontaneous.
I enjoy the music that many composers create because they often don't feel the same as popular music and have different meanings that make them interesting.

fmccaddy12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Utau has burned my crops, poisoned my water supply, and set a plague onto our houses.

No but serious I feel Vocal Synthesis as a general has opened my eyes not only in a creative way, but in a more technical and social way too.
Not only that but the community has helped me break out of the shell that was my social anxiety, and that I can never be more grateful for.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Vocaloid and UTAU kinda make me love electro more (as ironically, I wasn't much of a huge fan, and I put time before finally liking this genre) and also helped me to always seek improvement... Of course some songs kinda helped me to overcome difficulties and still do when I'm feeling down, just like how RL songs heal me in a certain way

The recordings process serve me as training for both pronunciation and singing + voiceacting

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, I really just thought of it as a hobby, but now, I'm so addicted to it xD It's like I wanna be part of a large fandom where in everyone appreciates you xD If I didnt find these singthesizers, I could have been bored to death in my house xD Right now, Ideas are just pouring out of me xD

Reactions: Buck

Ant0n

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Well, I really just thought of it as a hobby, but now, I'm so addicted to it xD It's like I wanna be part of a large fandom where in everyone appreciates you xD If I didnt find these singthesizers, I could have been bored to death in my house xD Right now, Ideas are just pouring out of me xD
SAAAAme

Reactions: Buck and RenzoA