Utau sounds like it's singing through a pvc pipe

Samutau

Momo's Minion
I dont know ...how do I fix my utau sounding PVC pipe when recording or adding this to the program my recorded notes don't do this so its strange to me ^_^;; Anybody know whats up?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
There's probably a quality issue with your mic or recordings. What microphone do you use?

There are a lot of steps UTAU (or, rather, the resampler) has to go through to adjust your sample to the final result. Some of these don't play so well with artifacts we're used to hearing in our recordings, like reverb or background noise. Can you send a sample of a raw recording and then an example from UTAU?

Reactions: Samutau

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Could you post your utau singing a note and a sample of your voicebank (One of your original recordings, like the "a.wav" or any other sample you have)?

Reactions: Samutau

Samutau

Momo's Minion
There's probably a quality issue with your mic or recordings. What microphone do you use?

There are a lot of steps UTAU (or, rather, the resampler) has to go through to adjust your sample to the final result. Some of these don't play so well with artifacts we're used to hearing in our recordings, like reverb or background noise. Can you send a sample of a raw recording and then an example from UTAU?
Gotcha! I use the Elgato Wave 3
Post automatically merged:

Could you post your utau singing a note and a sample of your voicebank (One of your original recordings, like the "a.wav" or any other sample you have)?
Sure can!

Attachments

• SamiSample.zip
    219.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Big_B

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Ohhh. This is a normal result, you just need to oto/adjust your oto. Clarification: What you're hearing is likely the normal resampler noise, the oto stretching things strangely, or possibly artifacting from the notes being quite out of range-- for that you could also try lowering the UST so its closer to your recorded pitch, too.

Reactions: Big_B and Samutau

Samutau

Momo's Minion
Ohhh. This is a normal result, you just need to oto/adjust your oto. Clarification: What you're hearing is likely the normal resampler noise, the oto stretching things strangely, or possibly artifacting from the notes being quite out of range-- for that you could also try lowering the UST so its closer to your recorded pitch, too.
Oh! thank you eheh new problem ._. so when I go to ctrl + G to add the um notes maybe I'm not doing so right but

1. it only saved my progress the first time and then when I went to continue my work it wasnt saving progress even when I hit set a few times on things ;-;

2. I'm not sure if Im placing things right when I go to ctrl+G a single note?

Attachments

• img1.png
    img1.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 5
  • img2.png
    img2.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 3

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
You probably need to brush up on what the lines you're placing do to feel more confident placing them. You can read up on the fundamentals here:

And find a general guide here:

With that first link in mind, here's a correction:
1669959694990.png
So in your example-- the Red line (preutterance) and green line (overlap) were flipped. This would make your sounds come in late and have the consonants faded almost entirely out. If you switch those lines around and make sure you've accurately placed the preutterance at the end of the consonant/start of the vowel, it instead makes sure the vowel starts on the beat and that the consonant is just slightly faded into the previous note for a smooth feel (primarily applies to liquid, nasal and fricative consonants like m,n,l,s,f,h,z-- if you overlap hard consonants like this they will get muffled).

As for the setting errors, you need to press OK in the editing window, THEN set, AND THEN OK in the main window too. I think. Admittedly, I haven't oto'd in the default editor for a long time. If you want a more advanced experience in the future I do recommend looking into vLabeler (newer, more stable, not always the most straight forward because it's in beta) or SetParam (the sister of OREMO, old and buggy but also efficient and well documented). Neither of those tend to destroy your work if you misclick, which is a great benefit of learning them. ^^;

Samutau

Momo's Minion
You probably need to brush up on what the lines you're placing do to feel more confident placing them. You can read up on the fundamentals here:

And find a general guide here:

With that first link in mind, here's a correction:
View attachment 11834
So in your example-- the Red line (preutterance) and green line (overlap) were flipped. This would make your sounds come in late and have the consonants faded almost entirely out. If you switch those lines around and make sure you've accurately placed the preutterance at the end of the consonant/start of the vowel, it instead makes sure the vowel starts on the beat and that the consonant is just slightly faded into the previous note for a smooth feel (primarily applies to liquid, nasal and fricative consonants like m,n,l,s,f,h,z-- if you overlap hard consonants like this they will get muffled).

As for the setting errors, you need to press OK in the editing window, THEN set, AND THEN OK in the main window too. I think. Admittedly, I haven't oto'd in the default editor for a long time. If you want a more advanced experience in the future I do recommend looking into vLabeler (newer, more stable, not always the most straight forward because it's in beta) or SetParam (the sister of OREMO, old and buggy but also efficient and well documented). Neither of those tend to destroy your work if you misclick, which is a great benefit of learning them. ^^;
Ah thank you so much! I will work on them OH uh I know I been asking alot and I've been reading thru your replies but just one more thing, some UST don't make any sound with wither romanji or hirigana o_o and that is super confusing theres this one that I REALLY wanna do (the whole reason I picked up utau again tbh) ... um its called "La Noel Sucree " ... the file name has VCV on it ... but mainly the issue I'm finding is it doesnt work with either those packs at all common world domination I also found the same problem ._.;;

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Ah thank you so much! I will work on them OH uh I know I been asking alot and I've been reading thru your replies but just one more thing, some UST don't make any sound with wither romanji or hirigana o_o and that is super confusing theres this one that I REALLY wanna do (the whole reason I picked up utau again tbh) ... um its called "La Noel Sucree " ... the file name has VCV on it ... but mainly the issue I'm finding is it doesnt work with either those packs at all common world domination I also found the same problem ._.;;
Those USTs are for VCV voicebanks, your voicebank is CV. They'll look like [- か] [a え] [e る] [u の], while you need [か] [え] [る] [の]. There are several CV > VCV and VCV > CV plugins, but I personally recommend iroiro2 because its simple and also does a bunch of other useful things: https://ux.getuploader.com/bizz_v/download/182
1669962060386.png