I'm having a problem with otoing. . .

TaiyoProwerz

Momo's Minion
Imma keep this short and sweet ok ;D
Right, so, Taiyo has too much free time and Taiyo got bored so Taiyo made an UTAU (YAY1!11!!) It has all it's .wavs split up and stufff and blardy blar, but anyway. I tried otoing a few of his sounds (to get a rough idea of what he'll sound like when he's done) and when I opened the oto editor, it looked like this.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=wltxf6&s=6
I've looked at some other UTAU I have downloaded and their oto editor thingy and mine looks different..
So. I'd really appreciate any help you guys have to offer, I guess..

Thanks for your time!

(This is probably super easy to fix, but I've asked around a few friends and they didn't know what to do about it either)

Thanks again. ><

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well, looks like two things occurred:

1. You recorded too loud or too close to your mic. That's why the blue waves are large like that. Do you hear distortion?
2. There isn't any space before the sample starts. In other words, you cut off the beginning of the recording or pressed record after you started to say the recording.

TaiyoProwerz

Momo's Minion
Nope, no distortion. The samples all sound fine to me o:
What I did was I recorded it all at once and then split each sound into .wavs, and I did put a bit of silence at the beginning and at the end of the samples when I did it.. So I'm not sure what went wrong. However I did record with the mic slightly to the side of me-- bleh, do you think that compressing them or something could help?