Is there a voice type that you dislike/are tired of seeing?

Ressa

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I really don't like those bored-sounding baritones or those excessively deep-sounding males. They usually get buried in the instrumental, or just don't sound musical at all. For some reason, most male banks don't sound good to me at all.

Also, I have a problem with male vbs where the female voicer is evident. It doesn't sound right to me.

I think the problem probably isn't that bari/bass VBS can't be expressive or musical, they can. It's just that the Vocaloid/Utau Fandom revolves around musical styles that fit Higher, brighter voices. Usually women or higher male voice types. But I understand, they're hard to mix too.
Sometimes, a bored-sounding baritone might be singing out of range. a "baritone" vb can actually be a tenor voicer under-singing. (eg, As a Tenor, I can totally sing you an A2 but it's not that great compared to my C4 which I sing clearly and super comfortably.)

As for me I'm not too fond using too many articulations at once, I know it's realistic sounding at some extent but using a vocal fry, endbreath, whisper growl (just exaggerating lmao) all in one during every phrase is just too much!

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you don't like a vb, then don't use it cuz I bet there's other ppl who thinks otherwise. I really like any type of bank, I'm not that fussy. Also, I don't sing, I do try my best to record in tone. My motherthounge is Spanish so expect all my vb with Spanish accent... There's a lot of people who try their best to record an UTAU, I think we are asking too much. I remember when we where okay with a CV vb that sounded robotic.

(this is my opinion, I'm not that good expressing myself in English ;-; and I don't want to cause any troubles) es lo que entendí sobre lo que leí >.>

ErrolPilGrim

Momo's Minion
English vbs with Japanese accent... urgg especially that Merry's VCCV vb, I can't understand even a word... and also that Shione Lt upcoming Eng CVVC vb, I know that Japanese person cannot speak English very well, but those vbs just... AND THOSE ENGLISH VBS ARE KIRE HOLY F**KING SHIT
But I kinda like Teto Eng vb tho, bleh

Reactions: Olivia091220034

EchoCaptil

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm getting sick of seeing a lot of voicebanks.. That sound like they have more of a robotic noise? (If you know what I mean?) and now seeing all the "hate" on kires, and power banks.. I have a feeling that two of my voicebanks won't be the most liked (Since I suck at changing the pitch of my voice)

Reactions: keiran h

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm getting sick of seeing a lot of voicebanks.. That sound like they have more of a robotic noise? (If you know what I mean?) and now seeing all the "hate" on kires, and power banks.. I have a feeling that two of my voicebanks won't be the most liked (Since I suck at changing the pitch of my voice)
Hey don't listen to them, I bet your kire vb sounds great. There's other people who will appreciate your hard work, and people who like kire banks. *hugs*

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
Don't worry. It's the same with me, only the hate is directed towards my UTAU's shonen voices.

sio

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
it's awfully specific, but it throws me off a lot when there are JP voicebanks that have a really foreign-sounding T consonant. like the rest of the accent is done perfectly except for the T, lol
same with R but i guess it's a more common issue, but mostly with new utaus/beginners etc.
no hate of course, just irks me since i like consistency :p

EchoCaptil

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
it's awfully specific, but it throws me off a lot when there are JP voicebanks that have a really foreign-sounding T consonant. like the rest of the accent is done perfectly except for the T, lol
same with R but i guess it's a more common issue, but mostly with new UTAU/beginners etc.
no hate of course, just irks me since i like consistency :p
*Sees this, and wants to improve them* Tell me your wisdom (XD)

sio

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
*Sees this, and wants to improve them* Tell me your wisdom (XD)
oh wow uuuh i dunno honestly LOL, i have semi-good pronunciation i gueses because i used to be a weeaboo when i was REALLY young so i mimicked anime a lot. but in general my mother languages are hebrew and russian so i had a different base to start with, which is i feel closer to jp/asian languages than the english dialect. but i guess you can just practice a lot! there are videos of how to pronounce jp sounds on youtube probably. :D

Reactions: Nohkara

EchoCaptil

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
oh wow uuuh i dunno honestly LOL, i have semi-good pronunciation i gueses because i used to be a weeaboo when i was REALLY young so i mimicked anime a lot. but in general my mother languages are hebrew and russian so i had a different base to start with, which is i feel closer to jp/asian languages than the english dialect. but i guess you can just practice a lot! there are videos of how to pronounce jp sounds on youtube probably. :D
Okay, I've been practicing my R's, and ts's :D