Japanese UTAU with a similar voice to Gumi?

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Preferably VCV voice banks with little background noise? Recently really liking Gumi’s voice and listening to a ton of Gumi songs. I think it’d be fun to work with/tune a UTAU with a similar voice type to Gumi so was wondering if there are any UTAUs with similar voice type/tone? I love the way Gumi pronounces her consonants and her tone etc lol.

I’m usually good at finding UTAUs that sound similar to vocaloids but Gumi’s voice is pretty unique that I have’t been able to find one like her yet. In the past I usually got by with Gahata Meiji, though even Gahata’s softest bank is still a lil too strong in comparison, and her voice is slightly too throaty/grainy for me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kazumimi

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
There is Ariel Mermoik
Link to one of the covers with her

Ariel Mermoik is actually a blacklisted UTAU from what I remember because it actually directly took samples from Gumi, which is illegal. Also it's not up for download and even if it was it'd be a TOS violation.

Reactions: Systemイア

Kazumimi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Sukone Tei with a slightly increased g flag can sound Gumi-ish at times, but not quite a dead ringer and is still a bit of a stretch. Meiji is the best I can think of, though I know you mentioned she's a little too strong. Have you tried messing around with flags or tried doing a test render and then messing with the EQ in your DAW to make her sound softer?
Maybe try checking one of these threads?

Reactions: m170

Gehenna

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Preferably VCV voice banks with little background noise? Recently really liking Gumi’s voice and listening to a ton of Gumi songs. I think it’d be fun to work with/tune a UTAU with a similar voice type to Gumi so was wondering if there are any UTAUs with similar voice type/tone? I love the way Gumi pronounces her consonants and her tone etc lol.

I’m usually good at finding UTAUs that sound similar to vocaloids but Gumi’s voice is pretty unique that I have’t been able to find one like her yet. In the past I usually got by with Gahata Meiji, though even Gahata’s softest bank is still a lil too strong in comparison, and her voice is slightly too throaty/grainy for me.

Thanks!
The only one that really comes to mind would be Waiko

utaudatabase.wiki.fc2.com/ is usually a really nice site for finding UTAUs, though

Reactions: m170

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
also I'm pretty sure thaea are flags to reduce the grainyness and oher qualities you don't like
It's more like Gahata Meiji has too much tension in her voice for me which is kind of hard to change. Also, I haven't really figured out how to run Windows UTAU smoothly on my computer yet. so I'm stuck with UTAU-synth which cannot use resamplers like moresampler(that has a lot of different flags to use).

jokester127

Momo's Minion
You already found a good match i think, charoemon, the one in your profile post has that breathiness and calmness that gumi has, but she/he (idk) a bit too powerful

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Would UTSU and Moresampler work on your system?
Nah, cos Mac sucks sometimes in the sense that it doesn't run windows program like moresampler unless you use Wine, which also doesn't work well on my computer(I think maybe it's cos my computer is old lol.) UTSU doesn't even open on my computer. Maybe I need to get a new mac lmao.

jokester127

Momo's Minion
Hackintosh le Macintosh
Post automatically merged:

I think Charoemon is already a good replacement because she has the same quality etc as gumi, although she is a bit to powerful, you could try downloading one of her softer vbs (idk if its a he/she)

BobNotBobTheSnail

Momo's Minion
The only one that really comes to mind would be Waiko

utaudatabase.wiki.fc2.com/ is usually a really nice site for finding UTAUs, though

Hi! I really like this voicebank, and I think it sounds a lot like GUMI and is the type of sound I am looking for. Could you possibly help me find a download?

Systemイア

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I recommend Momone, she can sound alot like Gumi. In my experience using Momone. Momone can also sound like Miku if done right (I mean she was used to start the Nyan cat meme which as a song was originally singed by Miku. And they both sound similar their)