UTAU's that sound like Vocaloid?

Angel

Momo's Minion
I has none, but I was wondering if such UTAU exist?
And if any has tried to do such  without taking the vocals from the vocaloid.

Hika421

Teto's Territory
Hmm. That's hard though cause some UTAU sound better than VOCALOIDs, some VOCALOIDSs better than UTAU.

In the technical side rather than the "OMG SUGOI VOICE" side...

VOCALOID runs like VCV and CVVC, and while CV can sound pretty darn good, on the techy side it's not VOCALOIDy.

Any UTAU running on a looping resampler rather than a stretching resampler, seeing as VOCALOID loops vowels.

Chiharu

Teto's Territory
UTAU can be better than Vocaloid, it depends on how you use it.

for example, Hiyori: http://youtu.be/P_uJHo30tnM
the first time I heard it, I thought 'omg, this UTAU is really awesome!' but when I listen to her other songs, her voice is not as I expected.
It's not that she's bad. She is a good UTAU, but not that 'awesome super realistic' as I thought..
so again, it also depends on the person who use it.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I am not sure if your questiong goes for:
- UTAULOIDS that have voices similar to released VOCALOIDS; as "XXXXX sounds exactly as Megurine Luka"

or

- UTAULOIDS that have a really big quality that can be par to VOCALOIDS, as some people may seem to be commenting here.

Please.... do clear this for the people posting on this thread.

Ono

Teto's Territory
I think, Vikotoro has very excellent quality.
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/frankhardy/scream-vikotoro-nazucki-teto[/soundcloud]

Aline

Teto's Territory
I'm going to list the most approximate UTAUs who can be replacements to actual vocaloids I could find, but not all of them are all that similar. BEWARB.

• LEON: Mathieu Rosaire
  • LOLA: Toshiuene Carla
  • MIRIAM: Aria Cavatina
  • MEIKO: CIRIL and Homurane Ray
  • KAITO: Tsurigane Sou
  • Sweet Ann: I'm going to throw Kanochi Cäcilie here just because.
  • Miku: Emine Viai and Manaka Colon
  • Prima: Most female opera UTAU would work as Prima, but I'm throwing Kagekine Marie just to drop a name.
  • Rin: Utaune Nami
  • Len: I usually use Kaine Colt, but one of JigorotteinoM's appends sound quite similar to him (i don't remember which one though)
  • Gakupo: Hibiki Shinji Creamy is the most fitting as of now, but he still has his unique accent.
  • Luka: Supune Niku and Yokune Ruko
  • Gumi: Mahoune Arrow and Hazuki Konoha
  • Sonika: Why would you... I dunno, use Damene Bekkah, she's a superior replacement by far, if you ask me. At least her English bank can be understandable. u_u; (even though she's actually a pretty good Gumi replacement too)
  • Miki: Kasane Teto is the most similar voice that comes into my mind.
  • Kiyoteru: Hard choice, as no voices are similar enough. I'd choose Tsuine Owata or Soune Renji as the best replacements as of now.
  • Yuki: another hard choice, but maybe Meipoid or Eika Sachi?
  • Big Al: Yonne Tony. His voice isn't as mature or gravelly, but he can have a mean English just like Al.
  • Tonio: Suzakuppoid is the ideal one that comes to mind, but if you find him too difficult to work, throw Kaen and you'll have a better Tonio than Tonio himself.
  • Lily: I'm thinking Nanto Natsuki, even if her voice is somewhat more mature yet a bit more high-pitched than Lily's.
  • VY1: Sukone Tei is the best voice that comes in mind here.
  • Gachapoid: Stitch and Sekushi Beikon *shotded*
  • Iroha: Kanipan and Satemaro
  • Piko: Jeez, I dunno. I'll throw Konpekino Sora as a wildcard here. ( hesounds better than Piko, tho *shotded*)
  • VY2: His voice is somewhat unique, so I'll have to throw in the closest voicetypes: suiga Sora and Todoroki Eiichi. Maybe Tsukishiro Hakupo, but his voice is quite a bit more solid than VY2's natural tone.
  • Mew: Yumine Yuuki, but I must warn you that Yuuki is a bit less mature
  • SeeU: I'm going to say Hanami, even though their voicetypes aren't quite the same. She and Kyou Hana are the only female Korean voicebanks I know about and even then Hana's Korean bank is going to get revamped. D:
  • Tone Rion: Nagone Mako is the most evident choice that comes to my mind, but you can go with Makune Hachi with a slight g- flag if you want something more cutesy and less nasal. It's a really difficult choice because Rion's voice is too freaking unique. Akino Madrigale is also a good choice.
  • Oliver: Kaine Colt's current voicebank, despite the fact Colt is older than Oliver; his new voicebank that is in the works won't serve as an ideal replacement, though, as his voicer grew up.
  • CUL: Motone Yumi is the best replacement I can think of; I'm not positively partial of CUL, in all honesty, so I can't really help here.
  • Yukari: Goon Nero
  • Bruno: Nagareboshi Yue
  • Clara: Hoshine Stella or Camila Melodia
  • IA: Hinomoto Oniko, even though I personally am not really inclined to give this indication.
  • Lapis: There are many good choices, but I'll just drop Aika Rote and Pome Yuyu here.
  • Tianyi: ... Now you got me. I don't know any shoujo-sounding Chinese voicebanks (and I'm aware that unfortunately, Tianyi can't really sing any language other than Chinese despite the efforts of plugin builders). D: I'm going to throw Baak Yatchou for Cantonese. Mandarin is going to be left out because welp.
  • Galaco: Kanochi Neko

Reactions: Deleted member 8834

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
If there was an UTAU that sounded like Kaai yuki I would die of happiness.

deactivated

Teto's Territory
I don't think it's fair to put UTAU up against Vocaloids.

Obviously the easy choice would be Ritsu Namine or Teto Kasane.

But imo the UTAU program simply doesn't have the capability to completely replicate Vocaloid's ways, especially in the matter of blending notes and phonetics. It has a much more advanced engine and resampler. Of course UTAU gives more lee-way and options in editing, Vocaloid gives the higher quality software (not necessarily higher quality voice, ie Piko Utatane).

I think any well-recorded UTAU used correctly (usually VCV or CVVC) can sound amazing, but there is always some distinguishing feature of a Vocaloid that simply cannot be reproduced in UTAU. Not to mention Vocaloids are in 6-12 pitches, have thousands of recordings, and work on a completely different phonetic system.

But if you want just a high quality UTAU to look at, may I suggest Arco Rabbit?

.. or, uhm, am I mis-reading the board question?

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
She's asking if we know utaus who have voices that sound like the vocaloids
Like when a new vocaloid comes out, and people say "oh she sounds too much like xxx, it's boring!"
Not if they have the quality of a vocaloid, but the voice type of one of the vocaloids

I sometimes think Uotan and Ring Suzune sound pretty similar, honestly

Utakoloid

Momo's Minion
Aline link said:
  • VY1: Sukone Tei is the best voice that comes in mind here

Miki's voice is too unique, I don't think it sounds like teto :/

VY1... I don't think she sounds like tei, but her voice is also so unique XD

Yukari--- what?! Nero's voice is completely differentm is deeper I think XD
Aino Hate can sound a lot like Yukari, but I can't make her sing like Yukari, so it depends on the user I supose XD

Stella can sound a bit like Clara, but I don't think camila sounds like her XD
also, there's an utau called Hikari [something] that has a very similar voice to Clara's :smile:

that's what I think, also Goon Nero's low VCV can sound like Prima O_o

Reactions: Laufius

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Utakoloid link said:
[quote author=Aline link=topic=3075.msg22469#msg22469 date=1344985514]

• VY1: Sukone Tei is the best voice that comes in mind here

Miki's voice is too unique, I don't think it sounds like teto :/

VY1... I don't think she sounds like tei, but her voice is also so unique XD

Yukari--- what?! Nero's voice is completely differentm is deeper I think XD
Aino Hate can sound a lot like Yukari, but I can't make her sing like Yukari, so it depends on the user I supose XD

Stella can sound a bit like Clara, but I don't think camila sounds like her XD
also, there's an utau called Hikari [something] that has a very similar voice to Clara's :smile:

that's what I think, also Goon Nero's low VCV can sound like Prima O_o
[/quote]

As before mentioned, Go-on Nero does have 2 VBs: Nekonade (which is soft) and Sadistic (which is solid). Aline may be refering to Nekonade.

On the CLARA thing... When the VOCTROLOIDS were released, a lot of people related CLARA voice to Camila, to even PM her asking if she did actually voiced CLARA (Due yesi's innactivity, but this was caused by school-thesis-work; not because recording a VOCALOID XD) So that's why the correlation with Camila (voice wise+latin accent) and Stella (Peninsular accent wise)

Asteriski link said:
Well, Nero's Nekonade bank sounds like Yukari. Her glitchy Sadistic bank is better known.

The problem of Go-on Nero is the lack of prefix-map. I made one for both banks and seem to work nice. A bit of reotoing is also needed (well, I reoto everything...).

Obakebaka

Momo's Minion
Without a doubt Sorane Rana is one of the best Utauloids I've ever heard. Plus she's not UBER DESU pitch.

That video is of her singing alongside Hatsune Miku. And while Miku can change tone to whispering and back any utau could do that with a bank expansion. And if Rana is able to keep up without that anyway imagine what she's be like if she did!

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Obakebaka link said:
Without a doubt Sorane Rana is one of the best Utauloids I've ever heard. Plus she's not UBER DESU pitch.

That video is of her singing alongside Hatsune Miku. And while Miku can change tone to whispering and back any utau could do that with a bank expansion. And if Rana is able to keep up without that anyway imagine what she's be like if she did!

While I do agree Sorane Rana has a good voice and great smoothness, she lacks of a wide range and sometimes that makes her difficult to work with nicely (at least to me, I always cared so much for pitch-wise).

In the other hand...

Your comment is out of the topic. This thread is about someone trying to find out UTAULOID voices similar to the released VOCALOIDS; not "UTAULOIDS that has quality similar to a VOCALOID".