Just how shy are you?

Shugahime

Teto's Territory
Online I have a tendancy to be somewhat bubbly, goofy, and friendly.

While in realife, I seem "refined", somewhat snobby, and anti-social.
The first two are from the way I carry myself.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
fukokun link said:
Like many that have come before me, I am rather timid in real life unless I get to know people. I can be talkative, but it seems that not many want to hear what I have to say. I end up talking to myself mostly. However, around those that do want to hear what I have to say, I can talk freely. I end up scaring a lot of people off because I have been told I am an intellectual. (I test as an INTP.) I can speak here on this forum a lot since I have similar interests as many people.

INTJ *high five* three out of four dimensions is pretty close :3

Dark3li

Teto's Territory
In real life I'm a bit shy with new people, but I'm also very talkative... I think it depends on how I'm feeling and how the other people are

online, mmm I'm not very shy online >< just sometimes when I have to write in english xDDD because I'm not sure if what I'm writing is all correct or if other people can understand me

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
Shy. Totally shy. Too much. Very very shy. But I wasn't shy at all when I was younger, it's kind of hilarious.
Last Easter I went together with my boyfriend to a garden party of his family and all I did was sitting close to my boyfriend, looking on the ground and not saying a word. If somebody talked to me, I just blushed and went closer and closer to him. And still didn't say anything.
In school it's hard to me to find a group in group works. I ends in doing all the tasks on my own, I'm used to it. I'm even too shy most of the time to talk to my teachers. Sometimes it's terrible but well, I can't change it. I tried and failed.

Online it's much easier because I know that there are more people out there who are shy so it's more comfortable for me. But even there it isn't that easy for me to include myself into a community.

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I've always been really shy. ^^;

At school, I'm that awkward, quiet girl that sits there and doesn't really speak unless spoken to. Because of that, a lot of people don't even know my first name. I only really act like myself around my friends, who are all girls except one guy friend that I'm mostly not afraid to be myself around. I'm not good at feelings, though. That's a different story. >///<

Sometimes when I'm buying something at the store, I'll even just stand there with my mouth hanging open long after a worker has asked me a question. I can't just walk up to random people. My mom's always yelling at me to speak up.

Online, I'm not as shy. I don't have to look anybody in the eyes or worry about volume, I don't stutter or stagger or just look really stupid. I still watch what I say anyway, because I'm a bit self-conscious about coming off bad.

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It depends on my current situation really. I can be over-shy to the point where I find it physically hard to talk or I'm so talkative that I just don't give a crapper. I'll be extremely talkative in situations where I'm with the people I care for; I guess you could say that they give me the courage to stand up to even a runaway bus (CHEESE ALERT). I want to amuse and please them so I'll be the joker of the pack. However, I don't have that kind of courage on my own, I can't stand being alone in places where I'm uncomfortable which is why I guess I go all shy and speechless unless the situation is in dire need of me to speak. XDD Well something like that?

scarfu

Teto's Territory
I'm actually not shy at all... XD;; IRL and online, I'm a very open, candid and outgoing person. I can talk to people really easily and I'm pretty confident and can hold a conversation even if I'm not that interested in the person if I need to...

There are some topics I'm kind of shy about though, but in those cases I'll just change the subject.

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yeahhh... Shy. Very shy. IRL and online. ':D

IRL, I used to be super introverted and didn't talk to anyone outside my little circle of friends, 'cause disapproval scares me. ':3 I didn't say much unless asked a direct question. And I was the kind of person who, in the words of one teacher, "wouldn't raise their hand if I had a shotgun to their head." I've been getting better, though. I still feel awkward talking to new people, and that makes some of my conversations a little... Strained. But I'm getting better.
...Don't even get me started on my shyness level when around someone I like. I've had one crush thus far, and I was too terrified to talk to him for a good four years. ">3> Complete with visible blushes and slight stuttering whenever he attempted to initate a conversation with me. Ehehe... That's embarassing.

I'm better online than I am IRL, since, you know, I'm hiding behind a computer screen... XD But I still tend to not be very outspoken. And, like other people have said here, I get really, really nervous asking for help or requesting things, because I feel like I'm bothering people/wasting their time. I'm always so scared people are thinking "wow, what an annoying little noob," you know?

K

khisui

I act very brave and cool, but actually I'm super shy especially with new people. I've had social anxiety and I still am sometimes anxious with people, even with my family or best friends. I'm bad and slow in making new friends and boys scary me 8|

P

PurinPuff

Well, if my math is correct:

Socially awkward ≥ Shy

The answer is yes.

Ashioto

Momo's Minion
Just a bit.
I seem to be more shy ONLINE than in real life.
Most probably it's because I had bad experience with people online...
(It explains why I rarely ever post here in the forums V_V)

Ranun

Teto's Territory
I'm very shy. >3<
If someone talks to me in real life, I can be really nervous if I don't know the person very well. I also wait until someone talks to me because I don't know if the people get annoyed by me and I only waste their time. Especially in school I'm really quiet. It's just that I'm afraid of saying something wrong and all my classmates laugh at me. >m< That happened to me in 5th and 6th grade in another class; I actually know that my current class wouldn't do that to any of us, but this experience doesn't want to go out of my head... My friends don't know me as a shy person, actually.

Online it's a bit better. No one knows me and such. But even online, I'm very afraid of wasting the people's time when asking for something or talking to them... I need time to get warm with new people... My shyness really bothers me, around 70% of the people I meet in RL see me as "mysterious and quiet" because I'm much more thinking than doing or saying. <_<; So yeah, it's quite a problem. >3<"

D

dCatharsis

Most people think I'm shy because I'm quiet most of times, but I'm not.
In fact, I'm pretty extrovert. I just don't talk too much with people I dislike/I don't care about.
But with people I like I'm a motormouth.

CalimonGraal

Momo's Minion
In IRL, it's more like having bad anxiety around other people.
(though I do become a motormouth around people i'm close to, and my anxiety isn't as bad if I had my parents around with me.)

and on the internet it just depends... I feel a little better in a group chat than I do on a forum or chattin with one person unless I know them.
and... yeah... afraid of gettin yelled at for being stupid or being bothersome or stuff...

/inb4 taking 30 minutes to click the Post button.

Tricia-chan

Teto's Territory
I'm the prime minister of the Shy Club.
When I'm alone, or with people that I'm really close to, I'm actually quite crazy. However, as of late, I've been losing a really good friend that has been through many things with me, and I'm having a really stressful time switching from child to adulthood. My depression doesn't help it either. Now, more than ever, I wish I was outgoing. I never talk to people because I fear I'll make a fool out of myself, I don't like that person, etc. My timidness plus my low esteem is not a great combination at all.