Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hewoo!

How are you doing? I hope well! *---*

I'm working in this cover for a while, but Idk if it's going well so I want another opinion. Kye is an amazing VB even being a CV vb (There are others vbs of him, but I used just the CV to do this cover). He's really high quality and can make you engage in the tuning easily altough he has some problems (Like his "R" sounds, some of them are hell to make work properly and I couldn't make the "ra" sounds understandable). But let's stop talking! Here is the cover:

(I'll be honest, this was hard!)

Voicebank used: Kye CV 1.0
Resampler used: Resampler.exe (Utau's resampler)
Ust by McKAtherine/McKatherine
Tunning by McKAtherine/McKatherine and me (I edited almost everything, I just choose to let some of her notes bending bc she did a good job on them. But almost all the tunning was me! :3)

See ya~

Reactions: RyanaKZ

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'd suggest maybe pitching the whole thing down an octave, to me KYE sounds really strained at that pitch.

Thanks for the tip! I heard once that we have to lower one octave from the original ust/vsq pitch when we use male voicebanks because men simg/say in a totally different pitch range (Specially when the utau don't have support to multipitch).

So I had already tried to lower down and I felt that the song lost a lot of it's emotional appeal. I will try to mess around, maybe if I just raise in the emotional moments or things like that I will be able to reach a good balance between the pitch and emotion. So I'm curious: did you have any tip for avoid the emotional impact loss when we modulate the vocal to a lower octave?

(PS: I even have the .wav rendered an octave lower, but bc of this problem that I said I preferred to post this one instead. I can post later for you to listen, just have to wait my notebook recharge! '3')

Reactions: sangv

sangv

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for the tip! I heard once that we have to lower one octave from the original ust/vsq pitch when we use male voicebanks because men simg/say in a totally different pitch range (Specially when the utau don't have support to multipitch).

So I had already tried to lower down and I felt that the song lost a lot of it's emotional appeal. I will try to mess around, maybe if I just raise in the emotional moments or things like that I will be able to reach a good balance between the pitch and emotion. So I'm curious: did you have any tip for avoid the emotional impact loss when we modulate the vocal to a lower octave?

(PS: I even have the .wav rendered an octave lower, but bc of this problem that I said I preferred to post this one instead. I can post later for you to listen, just have to wait my notebook recharge! '3')
I'd maybe suggest using some moresampler flags to help with that, particularly Mc and Mo.
Here's the moresampler tutorial, since it's harder to find now: https://web.archive.org/web/2018032...2016/04/07/the-complete-moresampler-tutorial/

Reactions: Sors and Big_B