Let's post random stuff about our countries

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Um.... I live in California (not special TT_TT) and it's pretty nice here, depending on where you are. I don't think people in California are jerks, they're just down right stupid. It's hard finding anyone I can have a decent conversation with about stuff people actually want to talk about. People don't seem to understand that I don't care about their drama and their new boyfriend or girlfriend. I'll stop myself before this turns into a rant. Um... the weather is nice! I live in a city where one minute it'll be raining or snowing and suddenly become sunny. One thing that I do like about California is Anime Con. I also like the amount of things that go on here like the Rose Parade, Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland. There are a lot of earthquakes here, but you can hardly feel any of them, at least where I am. People listen to a lot of trash nowadays( don't be offended please) like Nicki Minaj, Ke$ha, Justin Bieber(he's alright. at least he has talent). Everyone seems to be obsessed with In-N-Out and Starbucks... I don't know why. That pretty much sums it up.

WhoahASnowglobe

Momo's Minion
[quote author=Lemondolly link=topic=2117.msg20779#msg20779 date=1343237733]
Um.... I live in California (not special TT_TT) and it's pretty nice here, depending on where you are. I don't think people in California are jerks, they're just down right stupid. It's hard finding anyone I can have a decent conversation with about stuff people actually want to talk about. People don't seem to understand that I don't care about their drama and their new boyfriend or girlfriend. I'll stop myself before this turns into a rant. Um... the weather is nice! I live in a city where one minute it'll be raining or snowing and suddenly become sunny. One thing that I do like about California is Anime Con. I also like the amount of things that go on here like the Rose Parade, Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland. There are a lot of earthquakes here, but you can hardly feel any of them, at least where I am. People listen to a lot of trash nowadays( don't be offended please) like Nicki Minaj, Ke$ha, Justin Bieber(he's alright. at least he has talent). Everyone seems to be obsessed with In-N-Out and Starbucks... I don't know why. That pretty much sums it up.
Well not everyone is jerks, there are a lot of nice people, you just have to find them :D But I live in the bay area, if you know where that is xD And not everyone is into that music, there is a lot of diversity with people and music over here, but I agree with the weather, it's just like whooooahs :O

WhoahASnowglobe

Momo's Minion
[quote author=Asuka9 link=topic=2117.msg20810#msg20810 date=1343284531]
I live in Argentina, and well here we have tango~~ 8D is the more representative thing that I can say~~

Astor Piazzolla - Adios Nonino

Astor Piazzolla - Invierno Porteño

Love this, this describes exactly the feeling of the winter here, all the seasons

[WH-WHOAH, I am part Argentino :O That's so cool! :D]

thibaud76200

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
//French guy

- Frogs, snails, and wine are our locales specialities
- French is a hard language
- 1 € (euro) = 1.2 $
- (incomplete list ?)

Shine

Teto's Territory
I'm Portuguese. .3.
So:

- Portugal is a country that is passing thru a SEVERE crysis :3 But yeah, I'm not that bad with all this crysis thing, even If other people are.

- We have lots of kinds of food (GOOD FOOD), like other mediterrean countries. Porto's wine is well know word-widly. We also have lots of ways of cooking codfish, and "Chouriço", that's like...sausage, but MUCH BETTER.  XD We also have lots of desserts, like "Arroz Doce" (Sweet Rice...yeah...basically it's milk + rice + sugar. Its makes some kind of pudding and it's delicious)., "Serradura"... (cream + cookie powder + sugar), and lots of cakes.

- We have Euro.

- Portuguese is said to be one of the hardest languages to learn. But for me, French and Spanish are hard too TwT

- Too hot. Too hot for me.

- AMAZING BEACHES. WOHO. Ok, sorry. .3. I love going to the beach.

thibaud76200 link said:
//French guy

- Frogs, snails, and wine are our locales specialities
- French is a hard language
- 1 € (euro) = 1.2 $
- (incomplete list ?)

Heeeey!French!We are almost neighbours! XD

Melody Kuro link said:
Hi, I'm from Peru, but right now I'm in America. Anyways, Peru has good food.

Ohw, Peru :3 I studied Peru in my spanish class.

Ameku link said:
I'm from Finland and we have... Loads of snow and cold weather in the Winter? :'D

YAY! Snow! Here we almost never have snow...its sunny all the year, even on winter! xD

thibaud76200

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Shine link said:
- We have lots of kinds of food (GOOD FOOD), like other mediterrean countries. Porto's wine is well know word-widly. We also have lots of ways of cooking codfish, and \"Chouriço\", that's like...sausage, but MUCH BETTER.  XD
I freaking love chorizos, expecially in pizzas, it adds a kinda spicy things in them <3
One day at school we baked a portugese apple-flavoured cake, it was delicious~ =u=

Shine

Teto's Territory
thibaud76200 link said:
[quote author=Shine link=topic=2117.msg21243#msg21243 date=1343664290]- We have lots of kinds of food (GOOD FOOD), like other mediterrean countries. Porto's wine is well know word-widly. We also have lots of ways of cooking codfish, and \"Chouriço\", that's like...sausage, but MUCH BETTER.  XD
I freaking love chorizos, expecially in pizzas, it adds a kinda spicy things in them <3
One day at school we baked a portugese apple-flavoured cake, it was delicious~ =u=
[/quote]

Yeah, it's really spicy, salty *q*
Oh, here we try baking similar breads like in France...."baguettes" and things like that. Also, I love croissants XD
I already have been in Paris, it's a wonderful, magical city!

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Aww, everybody else has cool stuff...

I live in the US, also. Ohio, to be more exact. There's absolutely nothing here. Mostly just high teenagers that listen to dubstep and don't know how to pull their pants up. I mean, come on, people...they go OVER your butt!

...Ahem. I don't know what I could say about this country that anybody else hasn't already said. I suppose the nice thing about it is that people come from all over the world, so you get tons of different foods, cultures, etc.

It's not too culturally diverse where I live, however. It's predominantly white in my city. We have gotten an influx of foreign-exchange students from Nepal and a few other Asian countries, though. I find other cultures interesting. ^^

amairina.chan

Momo's Minion
Oooh,maybe i'll be origignal :DDDD I'm from Russia,Saint Petersburg. In Russia some times we have cold winter and sunny warm summer :DDD I live in North Russia,so we have no a lot of sun in autumn,but summer is really nice,i think :DDD

There are some nice places in my city:
7efa3cfb9e358f1c7267cd2cca6ca478.jpg

62851735_st_peterburg_2.jpg

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
amairina.chan link said:
Oooh,maybe i'g.ll be origignal :DDDD I'm from Russia,Saint Petersburg. In Russia some times we have cold winter and sunny warm summer :DDD I live in North Russia,so we have no a lot of sun in autumn,but summer is really nice,i think :DDD

Absolutely beautiful and magical... Q A Q

amairina.chan

Momo's Minion
NaughtyPichu link said:
[quote author=amairina.chan link=topic=2117.msg22915#msg22915 date=1345374682]
Oooh,maybe i'g.ll be origignal :DDDD I'm from Russia,Saint Petersburg. In Russia some times we have cold winter and sunny warm summer :DDD I live in North Russia,so we have no a lot of sun in autumn,but summer is really nice,i think :DDD

[/quote]

Oh,you think? xD Thank you~ ;A;

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
amairina.chan link said:
[quote author=NaughtyPichu link=topic=2117.msg23332#msg23332 date=1345772755]
[quote author=amairina.chan link=topic=2117.msg22915#msg22915 date=1345374682]

[/quote]

Oh,you think? xD Thank you~ ;A;
[/quote]

You're quite welcome~ Water-side, night light spectacles really make me oogle~ @Q@

UTAU~Ayume

Teto's Territory
Well, now it's my turn xD

I'm from Switzerland and i think we have the best cheese and beautiful mountains xD

What i also like about my country is that in the mountains or around some are the peoples so nice.... they treat you there like you're one of their family and stuff like that....

Oh, and it's nice weather here where i live (Zurich) ....

Not much to say but we're speaking a "funny" language that everyone could not understand :D

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Here comes boring old me ;u;

I live in the U.S. of A; Texas, to be exact.
Texas is full of a lot of really friendly people, even if some of them are socially awkward ;;

And where I am right now, we still say "Howdy" (Can you guess where? Hint: "Gig 'em").

There's big cities, but mostly a lot of nothing. A lot of nothing. You could drive for hours before you see civilization again.

And, as everyone has said, it's fairly diverse culturally.