Locale Switched ; Problems That Occured

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hey! So I finally managed to convince my brother to allow me to switch locale but I noticed A LOT of problems that occurred because of it. I'd like to see if there any solutions though! ; v ;

Biggest problem! UTAU 2.76 won't actually work. Huh...that's kinda a biggy! I switched it for UTAU yet UTAU won't work in return? I CAN work with 2.75 and with Hiragana banks so I know the locale change does take effect, but I really hate 2.75's format and lack of ...lots of things so I'd like 2.76 fixed.

What occurs: When opening it, I get a pop-up "Unexpected Error: File not found!" Then immediately after "Subscript out of range." I've got these before without JP locale but when a UST is opened and I accidentally try to do things too fast. So I'm not quite sure why it's doing that now.
I did uninstall, then change locale and then reinstalled so....hmm I just have no clue!

----
Second main problem!
I can't use my old ALT codes? Is there a way I can get around that? I'm really used to things like ALT135 for c cedille (French) and it's really inconvenient for me to learn new sets or copy and paste. lmao I'm sorry! I'm not really computer smart. ;A;

By the way, I used Windows XP!
I really appreciate any effort to help! ; ^ ;

Naito

Teto's Territory
This sounds very odd. You may want to try a system restore. I can't pinpoint it? If it was an error caused by lack of JP Locale, then it should've been resolved when you switched it back to it.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Mmm, I don't know what happened, but I reinstalled it to my desktop instead and...well, idk I guess that fixed it? o A o;;; for now lmao

I'd still like to see how I can fix ALT codes though~ T v T)/
anyone? sobbbss

Mariuspersen

Momo's Minion
Sounds like the problem I've been having the entire time. Maybe there were some other programs on Your computer that was disturbed by the Locale change? Or some sort of driver that UTAU rely's on?

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Mm...are you talking about ALT codes or UTAU?
Because UTAU works now for me. o 3 o Thank you for the reply though.

If you meant ALT codes, I figure it has something to do with keyboard settings? But I can't figure exactly what. u v u;;

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm not too sure if you can change the ALT codes D:
They're kinda...built in, I guess? With the Locale I mean. With Japanese Locale, the ALT codes are the romanized alphabet, because it's assumed that with someone in Japanese Locale would be typing in kanji/hiragana/katakana/NOT the English alphabet, but using ALT codes would be the way to get them.
But then again, you're using XP (I'm using Win7) so yeah I'm offering nothing of value to this ;A; I haven't found a way to get around it, but what you could do is put a .txt on your desktop with all the symbols you want & just copy & paste whenever you need them.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
That makes sense, I was (just hoping) wondering if there was a way around that and to set keyboards separately. XDD Maybe I'll just have to learn new codes. u _ u

Actually, I am doing the notepad thing right now. XD But thank you~