Month of Song Challenge

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
...and I'm done. It's quarter past 1 in the morning and i am regretting a lot of things.

I tried a different way of putting in the vocals. Last time a made an ust of me singing and this time I rendered out midis of a track I wanted to be the vocals. I think it'll take a bit of practise getting it right though :D

Reactions: Meta

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've added Synth1 to the VST section, as well as presets for that and Trancedrive.

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yo guys! I found a few VSTs which might help with making music and stuff.

Something I found really hard was getting the vocals to be in time with the music and not sound squished when using the MIDI method. So, I've found two VSTs which might help with that.

The first one is for english vocals, and it's called VSTspeek. It's a basic text-to-speech synthesizer that runs off of midi data, and it sounds a lot like chipspeech: http://blog.wavosaur.com/text-to-speech-vst-vst-speek/

The second is Aquestone, which is where Uta (the default utau voice) is sampled from. This is for Japanese vocals: http://www.a-quest.com/products/aquestone_en.html

Obviously neither of them sound very high-quality, but they may help when planning out lyrics.

(I just thought I should post this here since there are people doing it atm)

Reactions: Meta and Tema

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Okay, I should probably have tested them out before I posted that.

Aquestone is the one with the midi input - and you load the lyrics in romaji with no spaces in either a text file or a .koe file (I'm not sure what the latter is)

VSTspeek is just text-to-speech (meaning it has no midi input), and I was not aware that some of the presets have swear words in their sample text (in case anybody is affected/offended by that sort of thing). Could be good for some kind of background subliminal message thing? idk but aquestone is better all-round.

Aali

Ruko's Ruffians
I have to withdraw for now. I know you're supposed to drop everything and do this but I can't blow off my internship and ym school work

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I have to withdraw for now. I know you're supposed to drop everything and do this but I can't blow off my internship and ym school work
I doubt that's what he meant, I think they just mean to put other Utau/music projects on hold.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That's perfectly fine. You have a great amount of freedom in when you decide to try the challenge, so if you decide to do it later on, find a time that's best for you. I'll remove you from my calendar.

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So I got a little tiny bit stuck inspiration-wise and figured I'd post my WIP and see if anyone'd like to give me some feedback/suggestions please ;w;

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hm, sounds nice. I'm not sure which part of the song you're planning to use this for, though. If you want to use it as an introduction, maybe after this part you add more percussion and build up the song with more instruments (bass, etc.) Maybe this first piano bit could have the main melody/theme for the song, and then during most of it, the piano only plays chords. Then you do the melody by itself with a synth and the vocals. Then during the bridge you bring back the melody on the piano with the piano chords.

I tend to write energetic electronic songs, which might not be your preferred style, though. I know that Empath-P does a lot of piano songs so you could listen to her stuff for inspiration and try to break down the different sections and what the instruments are doing.

Reactions: Tema

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thanks Lofe! :love: I'm not really sure what my preferred style is yet to be honest; this song's turning out to be EmpathP-ish but I've also got my Miku Expo song cooking on a backburner and it's the complete opposite. loool

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Mmm...you know what...I wanna give this a shot~!!

I started on the song yesterday so my month will be from September 12th to my birthday on October 12th so it lines up rather nicely~

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@IrisFlower Ok, I put you on my calendar, but your month is finishing in the months for Quarter 4.
@Tema and @partial Your months are finishing up soon! You don't need to finish art or a video for the project, but I hope you're finishing up the songs.

Reactions: partial

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh yeah my session ended like last month I can send over a WAV whenever