Month of Song Challenge

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've actually got DSK already listed, and it was one of the first few things I had there when I was constructing the list. But thank you for bringing it back up! I especially like DSK music box, since it has a sort of "winding" sound that makes the music box sound a bit more real.

Reactions: Tema

Anonymous62034

Teto's Territory
I'm so close to finishing a song, I just have to do lyrics for the bridge and stuff. However, it's really badly mixed, so I have to figure that out DX But if it's not finished by the 31st, could I submit a song I've already made? Or is that not permitted? Because I'd love to participate so much :D :D

Nanika

Lame Vocaloid Producer
Defender of Defoko
I think I wanna finally participate?? I have a song that I'll hopefully actually do, since it's going well, and I started on the 27th of October. Could I still do this with that song?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Anonymous62034
It isn't a monthly event like "Make an october song" "Make a november song", instead being the exact length of a month measured on a personal basis. When did you start working on the song? To be following the challenge, you will need to have worked on the song itself within the span of one month.
@MinnaUta
Sounds great! I'll mark you on the calendar for Oct27-Nov27.

Nanika

Lame Vocaloid Producer
Defender of Defoko
@Anonymous62034
It isn't a monthly event like "Make an october song" "Make a november song", instead being the exact length of a month measured on a personal basis. When did you start working on the song? To be following the challenge, you will need to have worked on the song itself within the span of one month.
@MinnaUta
Sounds great! I'll mark you on the calendar for Oct27-Nov27.
great, thank you!

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
I've actually got DSK already listed, and it was one of the first few things I had there when I was constructing the list. But thank you for bringing it back up! I especially like DSK music box, since it has a sort of "winding" sound that makes the music box sound a bit more real.

Ah, OK! Glad to hear it. And yeah, the music box is great. :D

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, I don't think I can bring you back in time to have you mark yourself down as doing this challenge... If you want to participate without using a time machine, I can note you down as Nov15-Dec15, and you'll end up on the Quarter 4 compilation.

Anonymous62034

Teto's Territory
Well, I don't think I can bring you back in time to have you mark yourself down as doing this challenge... If you want to participate without using a time machine, I can note you down as Nov15-Dec15, and you'll end up on the Quarter 4 compilation.
Is that ok? Sorry to be a bother...

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
less than a week to go for mine. welp. for some reason everything sounds out of tune. (//this is what I get for changing the genre when I was halfway through production ahh)
[doublepost=1450362717][/doublepost]although I've been off of school quite a bit this week so I should be able to fix it by then ayyy

Reactions: Tema

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Wow, we've had a very dry 2016 so far....

This thread has been completely inactive for over half a year, and as the organizer of this challenge, I can only blame myself for not encouraging people to join and keep it going. This is because I've been busy with my own life and my own projects, and I won't be able to bring this one back to life again without making sacrifices. I see three options for the future

1. Give up on personal projects to focus more on Month of Song
2. Close down Month of Song
3. Have somebody else take over as the organizer of Month of Song

If anyone is still interested, which option would you like to see this thread take?
If someone else should take over, then who is willing to do so?

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
I've been meaning to participate, but like you, my own personal life has been getting in the way.
I'm starting college later this month so I'm not sure I'd be able to take over as organizer, even though I am willing. I'm not sure that's the best way to go, though.

Would a fourth option be having someone else collaborate with you so that you're not having to organize everything on your own?

Reactions: WendytheCreeper

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think collaboration is an option! I could compile the quarterly albums, while someone else encourages people to try the challenge and maybe keep track of who's participating.

Reactions: PrinceofHades

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've created a publicly editable calendar here.
https://www.brownbearsw.com/cal/MoS

If you're trying the challenge, please add yourself by clicking "Add/Edit" at the bottom! Don't vandalize anyone else's entries. The event you add should span from the day you start to the day you end- the same numbered day, but in the next month.

I'm still going to administrate this thread and do compilations, but I'm still looking for people to volunteer to help promote it around the forums and the internet in general.