need help figuring out how to make my first vcv

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
Hello
So i want to make a vcv voicebank
I can use oremo and setparam but i don't know how to use the guide bgm i found one who is called one note jazz but i don't know how to use it
Also i have looked for a lot of reclist and i think i ll do 7-mora reclist but theres some sound don't know how to make like くぁ,ぐぁ and ガ series ,also is there anyother extra sound i should add?
i noticed there's no を sound vcv how do i add it in setparam or i need to do it by hand?

do you have any tips how to oto vcv ? is there anything i should pay attention? if you have any advice

Thanks in advance

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
First, I would use a better reclist. You don't need kwa, gwa, etc. for Japanese. Those extra sounds are just filler that will never be used outside of extremely rare occasions. This is a reclist optimized for Japanese without filler and without repeats. https://utaforum.net/resources/no-nonsense-japanese-vcv.192/

I need to get ready for work, so I can't go into the details of how otoing VCV works. I'll leave that to another good Samaritan.

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
i can use this reclist thank you your reclist looks good now that i think these sound are not so usefull i was thining to add maybe breath and ahh like sound i heard also about glottal stop is it usefull or i don't need ?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Glottal stops are fine for a little stylistic variation. Nothing wrong with those. As for breaths, I would use the Vocaloid method of having them be separate from the overall bank (they just don't sound good synthesized). Users can add them during the mixing stage if they so desire.

Pilot

Momo's Minion
i can use this reclist thank you your reclist looks good now that i think these sound are not so usefull i was thining to add maybe breath and ahh like sound i heard also about glottal stop is it usefull or i don't need ?
Glottal Stops are things you can add to make your vb. It's just a little stop between vowels. They can be very useful sometimes, bc vcv often needs big spaces to work
Also the end breaths are very verey useful. Try to add them as well as some breaths.

Also, there's a thing called "Natural Ends". I can't explain it very well but imagine UTAU doesn't make a sound end "natural", UTAU simply lows the volume and make the note end. So "Natural Breaths" are something you can add to make it sound more "natural".

They are configured next way:
Firs you need a random normal sample. Doesn't matter who, just make sure it is not "cutted on the end
Now, you need to place the first blue part near to the end of the vowel. Later, place the pink zone and make it as big as the rest of the sample we are using.
Now, you need to place the green bar were the vowel is "fading", and the red bar where the note ends and a bit more.
To finish, you need to place the right blue zone and leave some silence. Here's an example:
1616170486166.png
If your UTAU is a multipitch, make end breaths and natural ends for every pitch, otherwise they are going to sound weird

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
thank you for your reply pilot
i have another question
So i used suyeon reclist and there's a blank oto with it but i wanted to use setparam but some sounds are repeated it seems like
can i use setparam to oto it ? i can't figure out how to make setparam not overid the blank oto , if i can't do it with setparam do i need to do it by hand ?

Pilot

Momo's Minion
I have no idea how setparam works, sorry :"C
I always oto by hand
thank you for your reply pilot
i have another question
So i used suyeon reclist and there's a blank oto with it but i wanted to use setparam but some sounds are repeated it seems like
can i use setparam to oto it ? i can't figure out how to make setparam not overid the blank oto , if i can't do it with setparam do i need to do it by hand ?
Also sorry for my answer, there's many ways to oto a Natural end and I choose the bad example accord my method. Here's how actually my method (or just the method i'm used to) is:
1616190016795.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To use the base OTO from the provided reclist, you will need to copy and paste it into Notepad and save the file as "oto.ini". If it appears as "oto.ini.txt" make sure to edit the file name so that it's only "oto.ini". From there you will be able to open and edit it in separam after the audio has been recorded.

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
i have a new issue
i can't make it sing some word are completly missed or i have a buzzing sound i use the button to fit the ust (acpt p2p3 ) but it don't work
i don't know what to do to make it work

Pilot

Momo's Minion
i have a new issue
i can't make it sing some word are completly missed or i have a buzzing sound i use the button to fit the ust (acpt p2p3 ) but it don't work
i don't know what to do to make it work
is the oto for those notes ok?

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
i think it's ok let me show you

edit: it seems like i got the issue with other vb so it's a software issue i guess

edit 2: the issue happen only when i use a ust Capture d’écran (4).png

Last edited:

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Just to be 100% sure; when you're "clearing it" you're also doing the following, yes?

Do make sure you're clearing your UST before pressing play by selecting all notes, right-clicking a note and selecting "region properties", then pressing "Clear" & making sure the STP section under "details" is white (select it and press space if it isnt) , then OK to confirm. Press P2P3 or P1P4 on the top toolbar to re-apply crossfading, and you should be good to go.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
So the region properties are definitely cleared out before you press acpt & p2p3? The fact this only happens with USTs really makes it sound like for whatever reason, the UST is keeping the old settings.

You could also try clearing your cache, but I don't think that alone would cause this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilot