Need help to making my jinriki.

Nenia ^^

Momo's Minion
I just need some basic advice on how to get my jinriki to sing and work properly. I have already watched several tutorials but because of my ADHD it is tedious to listen and read because they don't get to the point quickly, I know I should do things slowly but I can't at the moment. So can someone help me here, please?
Post automatically merged:

Btw, is a jinriki because is based in Tomo Takino for the anime "Azumanga Daioh" and a character who i am hyperfix.

iXari3l

Momo's Minion
I could help a bit!
I have low experience in Jinriki making, but I think my knowledge is a good starting point.
I can provide some samples of private jinrikis I made in the past- only one saw the light of the internet, tough, and I wonder if it's still there.

I assume you have a basic folder as in any UTAU, if not, I could help providing a "template" jinriki folder that could act as a guide (txt files ready to edit, pictures easy to replace, a phoneme guide to check the ones you have...)
and that your character language (jinriki voicebank) is Japanese, and you have good clean sources of their voice clips

I can also help with further problems you may encounter with USTs, such as formats, language, etc...

Nenia ^^

Momo's Minion
Of course I have a file of the jinriki and even several phonemes. The problem is as I am going to make the oto.ni and that the phonemes do not open in the UTAU program, I would like you to show me and pass me that "template" that you tell me.

The character himself has no voice in Japanese, only in English and I want him to sing only in Japanese. So the right character to have a voice that fits him was Tomo Takino, since his energetic personality and loud voice fit the jinriki.
Post automatically merged:

I am also interested in knowing the formats and USTs (I have already downloaded some but I also want to make my own of songs I like that as far as I know, do not have public USTs).

iXari3l

Momo's Minion
BIG UPDATE: I'm cheking out and I lost some files, specially the template for the type of voicebank you're describing, but it shouldn't be a big problem to keep searching or make another one (if i'm not mistaken, i should have a backup in a pendrive, mediafire or tumblr)

Hmm I see. I hope it is no problem for you if I make a Google Drive folder with easy to follow instructions, samples, the templates...
Everything separated and with quick-to-the-point pictures and explanations.

Luckily I have three "templates" : a generic Japanese template, an alternative folder if the first one doesn't work, and an English template for the type of voicebank you just described (English voice provider, Japanese language)
I can also include OpenUTAU extras in case you want to use that UTAU alternative too.

I'm having in mind what you said in the first post, and the reply as of my current reply.
I could post this as a resource too sometime soon.
It could take a bit of time, as I have a job and my replies are not very consistent, I apologize.

Last edited:

Nenia ^^

Momo's Minion
I know it may have taken you a while to get back to me because of work, I understand. In fact, I have to go to school tomorrow and I may be a little late in responding.

On the subject, when you refer to "(English voice provider, Japanese language)", I would like to correct you on that. Tomo Takino's actress in the original dub of Azumanga Daioh (which was the voice I chose for the jinriki) named Chieko Hugichi if I'm not mistaken in the name, obviously already speaks Japanese. Of course, the anime also has an English dub, but I didn't choose that one because it didn't suit me.

Also, the other character that I based the jinriki on has an English voice but I'm sure I wouldn't like that voice.

I hope you can explain me the resources I need soon, I wait patiently. :creepy:

iXari3l

Momo's Minion
I see.

As for the "(English voice provider, Japanese language)" I must be clear on something. Wether you choose an English dub or Japanese voice, it's a pretty similar process. English dub requires more work when working with phoneme splitting/extraction.

I had a lot of trouble when making an Amber jinriki (from Genshin Impact, wich is what I can't find, and the example on this I just said) when coming to phonemes, but learned a good chunk of experience from that. It served me later on with a japanese jinriki.

For the purpose of making a good tutorial from 0 wich is what you would need, I will make another Jinriki that I have been wanting to do for some time. It will probably help you more than an already done one and using only that as a sample.

Nenia ^^

Momo's Minion
I know that making a voicebank in English is much more complicated. That's why I chose that voice in Japanese. I will wait for you to make that jinriki so that you can explain some things to me.

What I need to know the most is about oto.ni and how to import the phonemes correctly into the program.

I may download the "TIPS" resampler but I can't find a secure and moderately recent download link.

Nenia ^^

Momo's Minion
Kinda big update: Now that I understand UTAU a little more, I have realized that the problem I had was only oto.ni. I will try to do my part to finish it, I think I can get it out in June. There is still time left for the oto.ni and the missing phonemes, plus that month is the birthday of the character it is based on.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Please keep in mind that voicebanks made using unauthorized samples (eg. audio ripped from games and shows) should not be distributed as a public download.

Reactions: Halo

Nenia ^^

Momo's Minion
I know, I didn't even mention that I was going to do it, I just said I'm going to finish it for my personal use.

iXari3l

Momo's Minion
Hello! I apologize for not being able to finish the tutorial or anything on that matter. Life is hard.
Just in case anyone is still wondering about the topic, this is a simple and easy to understand/follow tutorial with resources included.

Worth checking it out:

Of course I don't get the credits, it's done by user rippi-chan .

SuperStarXD

Momo's Minion
What I do is import the image to MS Paint and export it as a bitmap there, as Utau recognizes bitmaps made in that program (presumably because they're 24-bit bitmaps).

Nenia ^^

Momo's Minion
UPDATE: This thread is not useful anymore. I have taken the decision to re-make that UTAU with my voice (obviously according to the voice idea I have in mind) but anyways thanks very much for you all help, now I will have more experience in making that kind of UTAU voicebanks and the program in general.

Reactions: Kiyoteru