Need help with making an english reclist

jokester127

Momo's Minion
So I am making an english reclist, I've seen CZ's english reclist and it is way to complicated.
I am making a reclist with the bare minimum of sounds needed for english, no full VV.
When you record the english reclist, there are files like ob.wav and ak.wav , but how do I oto them??
You can tell me what the preutterance and overlap lines do so that i can figure them out

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
These are vowel-consonant configurations, or VCs. There are various ways of OTOing them depending on their function in the UST (to connect between notes, or to be the end of a syllable before a new syllable, or to be the end of the syllable at the end of a line).

Seeing a full English reclist like CZ's VCCV reclist can be overwhelming and confusing. There are certainly parts of the list that can be simplified or approached in different ways, as evidenced by the broader variety of English reclists out there. I highly recommend studying these various reclists (VCCV, Delta, ARPAsing, etc.) and looking at how the voicebanks were recorded and configured. This will give you a better basis for beginning to write your own.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You may be interested in reading this resource.