need urgent help [ voice utau ]

Haruna-Chan

Ruko's Ruffians
I'm doing a test for when UTAU Brokaloid launches vo try to make a voicebank for it but do not know qu kind voice and style I use, just wanted to help you to choose one of the two voices presented in this video:

Also wanted to question which rec List ( VCV CV, CVVC , VCCV ) should I use for this UTAU and " Brokaloid " is multi language and will have up to 5 Toms different voice.

The languages I want to put into it are: English, Japanese , Spanish and Portuguese and I know for Japanese and Spanish is good to use VCV -CV but for English and Portuguese do not know what kind of rec list use .

while the microphone I use an Arcanum Black condesador you do not know it is good for recording this utau " Brokaloid " could recommend me a good microphone ? or that I have already have a good quality , aki has a utau example I recorded using this microphone .

[ANA-Poid VCV-CV V2.0]

[Bell Ritsu VCV-CV Alpha V0.1]

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Out of the two, I prefer the second voice. It sound stronger, but I like them both :0

As for which recording style you should use:

Japanese: I'm sure you already know this but Most people use VCV because it is smoother, and more people are familiar with it. More people also find it easier to use. HOWEVER, it is a lot of work to record and takes a long time. Otoing will also take a long time.

CV is easier to record and oto, however it is always more difficult to make sound smooth (smoothness can be accomplished with good tuning and otoing, but it is harder)

CVVC takes a lot less recordings than both (well, depending on what realist you're using. Giraffey's CVVC Japanese reclist is nice and compact)
And it's typically just as smooth as VCV. The downside is that it is a bit more new of a recording style, so there are less resources for it and not as many people know how to use it. Otoing can also seem more confusing at first.

I would personally recommend CVVC Japanese because it is a quicker way to make a voice bank while still retaining smoothness, and is not that difficult to use once you learn how to do it.

But, if you are not worried about doing a lot of recording and taking more time on the bank, and would prefer to have a more common recording style so people are not potentially turned off by it, VCV is a good choice.

It really depends on how much work you're willing to deal with,

English: The majority of people use CVVC or VCCV for English. It's not typical to use VCV or CV for English because English has a lot of consonant endings.

I have not recorded an English bank, so my word is probably not the best to take here, but I from my experience working with them, CVVC and VCCV are kind of equal in smoothness.

Portuguese and Spanish: I have not recorded a Portugese or a Spanish bank, but from what other users have told me, CVVC is best for most languages other than Japanese because of consonant endings.

I do not have a mic, so I cannot personally recommend one to you, however other people have recommended the CAD u37 to me. I think the mic you are using sounds fine though.

I hope this was somewhat helpful, good luck!

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Pretty much what other one said however:

I personally recommed with English VCCV because that's smoothest with consonant translations than other English recording list at the moment (aka. VCCV is usually easier to make sound smooth than CVVC. CVVC can sound good if oto is done properly and used well) plus VCCV strings are nicely short and has good and clear tutorial made by CZ. I recommend to watch.

Personally, I don't know anything about Portuguese, so IDK would VCV for that language possible. I think that that language would be best in CVVC?

What I know from Spanish that it's quite easy and that is possible to record as VCV plus add some CCV sounds (for example bla, bra and so on) and some ending consonants like "a s" "a d" and so on.

But like what other post says: CVVC.

If you can't record long sessions then it's the best to record CVVC. CVVC work with pretty much with any language (with English I personally prefer VCCV tho). Hopefully this advises helped a bit.

Haruna-Chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Thank you both for your advice, Good don't care about long recordings because I will not be who will be providing the voice for this UTAU and the provider also said that you don't care about the time of recordings.

Also I think I'm going to continue using this microphone because the quality is really good and also because it would take to buy another.

In the issue of RecLists I will follow the advice of uses a VCCV for English and VCV for Spanish and Japanese to Portuguese I'm thinking of using the method of recording X-SAMPA used in Vocaloids (as the MAIKA Note: correct me if I'm wrong), I also think that also use the X-Sampa in some extra phonemes of the Japanese and Spanish.