Oremo won't record with my mic.

mochima

Len’s Ahoge
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have never used oremo before this. It seems I can't get it to recognise my headset for audio input. The only thing that seems to capture is my laptops internal microphone, which absolutely sounds like garbage.

I've tried changing the input device to my specific microphone but then...nothing.
I tried looking around but I only found one thing of relevance but the solution provided didn't work either.

Please help?
I've never had issues like this before so I don't have the tiniest idea of what I'm doing wrong.

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Go into I/O settings and look for your mic in there, and select it. I think that'll work then.

If it crashes oremo, try going into your sound settings -> recording; and see if that mic is working, if you don't see your mic as a default/don't see it in the list of mics

try to unplug it and plug it again(as like Jokester127 said), If it didn't work I don't know what else to say though.

That's all the things I can think of.

mochima

Len’s Ahoge
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Go into I/O settings and look for your mic in there, and select it. I think that'll work then.

If it crashes oremo, try going into your sound settings -> recording; and see if that mic is working, if you don't see your mic as a default/don't see it in the list of mics

try to unplug it and plug it again(as like Jokester127 said), If it didn't work I don't know what else to say though.

That's all the things I can think of.
Thank you! I’ll give these a try.

mochima

Len’s Ahoge
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Seems like I can get it to work fine if there’s no guide bgm but that kind of defeats the original intention on why i was trying to use oremo in the first place.