Pokemon X and Y yo

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
forgot i told myself to add fc's oops oops oops
and i kinda haven't been visiting here because pokemon+work+school+i like to read in my other spare time

I've long since bred LOADS of other Pokemon, I'm considering myself and adept breeder now. Though I don't do it for competitive purposes, That's too cookie-cutter for me if you want to be offensive and loads of my favorite Pokemon are useless (Venomoth sob).
Can't wait for Pokemon Bank, I REALLY need the space.

You check IVs in Kiloude City, the post game area. Just go in the Pokemon Center and talk to the purple guy, every stat he mentions is 31 IV unless he says it's bad, in which case it's 0.

SV is a thing that popped up a week or so ago. Basically, they changed how shiny Pokemon are determined this generation (and the rate is now 1/4,096, confirmed by this new method). Everyone has an OT and a secret OT - you now also have a secret TSV, or trainer shiny value. Every egg when generated has it's own SV. When a SV and a TSV match at the moment of egg hatching, the Pokemon comes out shiny. A program called Instacheck, a bit hard to use, can check the SVs of both trainers and Pokemon offered in a trade.

So basically now the trading economy is radically changed because high IV shinies are now very common - just find some one with the TSV that matches your SV and have them hatch it for you. It's a system of honor.

Rai

Teto's Territory
The IVs are only 31 if he says "Stats like those, they simply can't be beat!" I believe. Anything else he says afterwards like "fantastic stats", "good stats" or "decent stats" means that they're below 31.

I didn't know about the TSV thing though! That's very interesting.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I just got X along with a 3DSXL this night! (it's Christmas Eve in my timezone)

Just started now but it got low-bat so I have to charge it (my dad said that the clerk said that you shouldn't charge while playing. Why is that?)

So far, the only thing that I'm disappointed about is Pikachu's cry is the one from the anime (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ==== ┻━━┻ (Yes, I'm very disappointed with that)
I always liked Pikachu's (and other Pokemon's) cries from the games because it truly sounds like an electric rodent unlike in the anime where most of them repeat their names (it's like they have voice boxes or something...)

But everything else: ME GUSTA

Meh. Random comment: Insta-shipping Serena and Calem (reminds me of May/SapphireXRuby/Brendan)