Sound and software crash problems

zenithilia

Momo's Minion
So I've recently got interested into using UTAU which I've been having installed on my PC for about two years and so I decided to install some voicebanks and to start using it. But I've got two big problems that makes me unable to use it.
  • The first is when I fit the my UST, and then when I try to play it, UTAU crashes 9 times out of 10, so I have to save and restart UTAU each time I try fitting it.
  • The second one is when I fitted my UST and when I can finally play it, everything sounds weird, no matter the voicebank and the resampler. I don't seem to have this problem when I place the notes directly in UTAU, but it's clearly a waste of time and of energy to do that for each songs.
I've tried multiple things, none of them worked :
  • Using other voicebanks, to see if it came from the voicebank i used, but nope
  • Reinstalling UTAU (actually I didn't completely uninstalled it, maybe should I retry?)
  • Launching UTAU as admin, doesn't help much
  • Using different resamples, I used the default one, fresamp14, TIPS and Moresampler
  • Fitting my UST, MANY times
Please note that I'm making my own UST, but I seem to have the same problem with downloaded UST. Note also that the voicebanks I'm using are VCV voicebanks.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Would it be possible for you to demonstrate the problem with a screen recording? You can use software like OBS to capture the screen, and it'll also record any audio output from your computer. It'll be helpful to know where UTAU is installed and go through the entire process from startup to crash.

zenithilia

Momo's Minion
Would it be possible for you to demonstrate the problem with a screen recording? You can use software like OBS to capture the screen, and it'll also record any audio output from your computer. It'll be helpful to know where UTAU is installed and go through the entire process from startup to crash.

Here's a video of the problems, crash + pronouncing problems. As for the directory, UTAU is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\UTAU

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
  1. Move the entire UTAU folder out of program files. For example, you could put it in your documents
  2. When fitting a UST, you should set modulation to 0%, clear preutterance/overlap/flags/start point (STP), and you only need to Reset + P2P3 the envelopes.

Reactions: zenithilia

zenithilia

Momo's Minion
  1. Move the entire UTAU folder out of program files. For example, you could put it in your documents
  2. When fitting a UST, you should set modulation to 0%, clear preutterance/overlap/flags/start point (STP), and you only need to Reset + P2P3 the envelopes.

Crash problems seem to be solved, thanks for it!
As for the fitting/sound problem, it still not works, the voicebank I want to use mostly gives me strange inhale sounds and skips some notes, and I have similar things with all other voicebanks I have installed

zenithilia

Momo's Minion
Update : I got UTAU to work, my problem was just that the decimal symbol and the group -thing symbol were inverted for some reason. I was sure I changed them in the past, it probably got changed again when I updated my PC or something like that.

Reactions: Kiyoteru