tn_fnds new UTAU engine

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
I just found out that tn_fnds can only read and render samples that are necessarily in mono. It will give an error if the sample is stereo. So it is important to check if your VB is in stereo, or has stereo samples (my VB happened to have one, and it wasn't playing no matter what. But it was fixed after I converted it to mono).

kirrinx

Teto's Territory
:\ im having the same problem as Iris Flower ~

my samples are already in mono , and they worked on a friends computer i asked him to render some stuff for me

i probably didnt unzip it properly?XD i already downloadedthe dll thing and no sound plays >u> ~

brella

Momo's Minion
brella link said:
Working for the most part for me, except some notes become off pitch.
mod is 0, I've cleared the caches, re-rendered the frqs, yet some notes wont change pitch no matter where I drag. Strange.

(Tested with VCV; maybe that is a factor, I'll have to see.)

New version fixed it.... :uhuhu:

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
KiiDOS link said:
I've tried tn_fnds (I call it ten funds to help remember xD) with my myriad of UTAUs, but all of them have this... jumpy(?) tone in some notes. And Lock -Dark- just straight up dies on most of his samples (think of his TIPS laryngitis, only it turns up more and sounds less severe).

This. I've gotten it to work, but a lot of samples in the banks I tested, mainly VCV vowel to vowels like "a a", had that jumpy tone in them. Is it because of that looping a certain period thing Tady mentioned? I hope it's an issue addressed in an update. Also, I'm getting some of what Brella mentioned with some notes being entirely off pitch. That only happened with two CV banks though.

But it does sound pleasant and crisp on lower notes for what it does work with.

For people who are saying it only works with hiragana banks, I've tested romaji encoded banks on romaji USTs and it works fine.

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Defoko sounded breathy on it. I tested Nanami on it. I think that some sounds tend to act static on lower notes, but I think that she sounds very natural on it. Her 'n's didn't produce a sick voice, but they are very robotic on high notes because of the noise. Her VCVs sounded realistic on it.
There's one problem... her 'm's are fixed on C#5.

Alione

Momo's Minion
For me depending on the ust different voicebanks work for it, it could have just happened to only be the hiragana ones. With the updated one a lot more voicebanks work for me.

This is one of my favorite resamplers when it works~

Has anyone else gotten a crash while rendering?

resplendentlyblue

Momo's Minion
Hmm. I'm having the same problem as Iris and Kirrin. It renders the wav file but produces no sound. Can someone who's got it working tell us how they saved it?

kirrinx

Teto's Territory
It to work :3 I downloaded the 32 bit dll thing ad just extracted them to where the other resamplers where and it works fine for me now ~

Berin

Momo's Minion
It makes Beryll's voice a bit breathy and the consonants louder~ But some notes sound kinda weird. listen to her "a"s...
Here's my test

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/beri-chan/test-beryll-heliodora-act-2[/soundcloud]

aquatius

Momo's Minion
Didn't work for me, even with downloading the dlls. But then I'm running UTAU on Wine so I'm used to it failing orz

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
aquatius link said:
Didn't work for me, even with downloading the dlls. But then I'm running UTAU on Wine so I'm used to it failing orz
I am running UTAU on Wine too and it works. °^°

aquatius

Momo's Minion
Catgirl link said:
[quote author=aquatius link=topic=568.msg3595#msg3595 date=1329990799]
I am running UTAU on Wine too and it works. °^°
[/quote]
Out of curiosity, do you have any bugs with it in general? Mine lags a lot and screws up with the timing of recordings :/

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
aquatius link said:
Out of curiosity, do you have any bugs with it in general? Mine lags a lot and screws up with the timing of recordings :/
Um, nothing of that sort. Resampler has a bug that makes the volume of some notes drop and nothing fixes it except for messing with the preutterance or using some flag like P50. And the little progress bar when you do the rendering most times won't get drawn properly on screen, but it still renders anyway. Also, it sometimes generates some error that loops forever and forces me to kill everything, but it's a very rare occurrence and I'm not really sure what causes it yet but is probably some action I do unintentionally.

I don't have timing problems now, but I experienced something like that the first time I installed it. It got fixed after selecting "Note length calculated by GUI front-end" in the options.

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
Today tn_fnds was updated to version 0.0.3. Now it accepts four flags:
g: gender factor flag, same usage as in default resampler.
t: fine pitch tuning flag, same usage as in default resampler.
A: makes pitch changes affect the volume of the voice, the higher the value, the higher will be the fluctuation, same flag as used on bkh01.
e: this flag doesn't use any value, it shifts the extension method for the notes from looping to stretching (the same method as the previous resamplers). The stretching method creates a bit of engine noise.

Breathness control and turning formant filter off are still unavailable.

This version can be downloaded on the same site as the previous ones: http://z-server.game.coocan.jp/utau/utautop.html

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
[size=10pt]
Berin link said:
I wonder what these other plug-ins on the download site are for...

[size=10pt]According to my badly-translated page, the first is some sort of VCV "continuous sound" bulk configurer. The second is the advanced pitch editor. The third is the envelope expansion editor that lets you edit the envelopes of more than 1 note at a time. The fourth is an extension flag editor...but I'm reading it & I honestly dunno what it does. Then the frequency tracer, an adjustment helper for pitchbending, & at the bottom is the bkh01 & tn_fnds downloads :3

Anyway, I got tn_fnds to work & I fell in love with it! It doesn't work with some notes for some reason but it makes certain UTAUs (mostly mine) sound pretty incredible & smooth. I'm happy this new version has some flag support, but the breathiness control is really a must for me.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh gosh, I really hope the e flag does what you say it will. That will definetly make this resampler far more usable for those samples that create odd jumpy noise. And it's nice to have the g and A flags available now.

omegaflash4

Teto's Territory
With this update the UTAU I made in reaper work with it now but only sound normal with the "e" flag it is a very nice addition. I've only been able to play with the g, e, and t flags lightly but it is showing great promise it give a "dry" feel to voices for lack of a better term.