Tri-Pitch

Naito

Teto's Territory
So..I was just wondering, because nowadays most of the banks I'm seeing are tri-pitch. It's not a bad thing, of course. A lot of them are beautiful banks.

But I, personally, have only just dipped my toes into normal single-tone VCV.

I keep wondering lately, does this mean I'm kind of "behind" compared to other banks? I mean, are my banks going to be kind of "eh, whatever" to people all because I don't have extra tones like everyone else?

Thoughts?

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
i don't think so at all. When you think about it, yeah, tri pitch is awesome, but imagine a tri pitch VCV with a sucky oto vs a mono pitch bank with an amazing oto + clear samples
Mono pitch would win hands down, because it's more usable

you're not behind at all c:

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
TheSnowSongstress link said:
i don't think so at all. When you think about it, yeah, tri pitch is awesome, but imagine a tri pitch VCV with a sucky oto vs a mono pitch bank with an amazing oto + clear samples
Mono pitch would win hands down, because it's more usable

you're not behind at all c:

Agreed. Tripitch is more like icing on the cake for UTAU XD Very nice to have, but not what makes it great.

Naito

Teto's Territory
Oh, phew. Good. I've been kind of fretting for a while now about it. Everyone I know is working on some kind of multi-pitch bank and here I am just barely coming out with a VCV. I was just like "Noooo ;o;"

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
As everyone else said, its not necessary! Some UTAUloids do fine range-wise without multipitch, it was originally (these have been around for way before VCV, by the way) a quick way to extend a bank's range if it were impared. For example, Hayao can sometimes only JUST cover an octave before he sounds strained and gross; so I give him a high set. But some UTAUloids can cover C3~C5 perfectly fine on monopitch, so extra banks are, in the words of Kit, "icing on the cake".

The trend now is that people found out that you can make Multipitch in a dynamic manner. This method tends to be a little like Appends crossed with a tripitch bank, and so a lot of skilled users have been using them well and accidentally made everyone remember about pitches. It is in no way a thing every bank needs to have, just like VCV (yes, you can have an amazing UTAUloid that doesn't have VCV!) or appends.

I'd just like to stress that. o vo

Naito

Teto's Territory
Thank you guys, very much! I feel a lot better about the "situation" in my head about this. I mean sure, I'll probably make pitches in the future too, if my voice can manage them, but for now I am happy that my VCV should be good, too.