trying to make get in to utau

kurgy

Momo's Minion
hi, ive been a long time vocal synth fan, especially utau and ive always wanted to use the program but guides are vague and for some reason never seem to address the problems i have getting the program to work. changing system locale and preferred language still doesnt fix the issue of the strange glitched/accented letters replacing japanese, no matter what voicebanks i download none of them make noise, i have the same issue with oremo and setparam, i cant even really make my own voicebank to try because these programs install so messed up, im honestly not sure what im doing wrong, or where to start to fix the issue, but after so many years at this point im determined. is anyone familiar with this or similar issues and how to fix them?

Reactions: Kayuri ⭐️

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Let's make sure we have a clean start. Start by uninstalling and deleting everything, then you can follow along with the step by step screenshots in this guide.

If you aren't using Windows, or don't want to mess with locale settings, you can also try using OpenUtau instead.

As an alternative to OREMO, you can use any audio recording software. Just be sure to record mono tracks (not stereo) at 44.1kHz sample rate, and export them as 16 bit WAV files. Copy and paste the line from the recording list to use as the filenames.

As an alternative to Setparam, you can use vLabeler.

Reactions: Halo