UTAU Flags

kagero

Momo's Minion
I apologise if I have put this in the wrong forum but I need help,
Is there a flag that can make a voicebank more powerful. I am trying to make a cover with Defoko but saying as she doesn't have a power voicebank it makes it harder.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you're using Moresampler, the tension flag can be used to make vocals sound softer or stronger. It ranges from Mt-100 (softest) to Mt+100 (strongest). This flag is exclusive to moresampler and is not supported by any other resampler.

Reactions: Kazumimi

GeneralNuisance

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Kiyoteru's tip above combined with good mixing can help lend some power to Defoko. Using tools like Soundgoodizer might help, though, flags and mixing have their limits. You're not going to be able to make Defoko sound like she has a "screaming" quality to her voice, but these tips should help her sound a bit more powerful. Good luck!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Using tools like Soundgoodizer might help,
The Soundgoodizer plugin is nothing more than a multiband compressor with fixed presets. It regulates the volume of certain frequencies by turning them down when they get too loud. If you want to continue using multiband compression, FL Studio also includes a plugin called Maximus that allows you to actually edit the parameters instead of only using specific presets. However, it is more useful and more common to simply use an equalizer, which will raise and lower the volumes of different frequencies by a fixed amount.

Here's a guide on equalization written by someone on UtaForum: https://utaforum.net/resources/mixing-tutorial-equalization.48/
But I strongly advise you also search for other resources. You can search on google or on youtube for the keywords "vocal mixing tutorial" or "vocal EQ tutorial". Anything you learn about vocals in general can also be applied to UTAU renders.

Reactions: nneko