Utau in Vocaloid 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I wanted my UTAU Haruko to be smoother, so I just made a dual pitch VCV bank for UTAU.
Just VCV alone with one pitch can help make a bank smoother. The second pitch was to make it sound more realistic.

And I'm sorry but all of this sounds very... illegal >.>
If you really want a smooth voicebank, just make a multi pitch VCV. And anyways I personally like the choppiness of CV in UTAU, it can give a voicebank character.

And I don't think Vocaloid is really all that much better than UTAU if you can use UTAU right. There are also different resamplers you can use, such as TIPS, that can improve an UTAUloid's voice.

Also, in mixing, try to add equalizers. Those can boost the clearness of an UTAU as well.

Paired with a good microphone, all of these tips can make for a pretty great UTAU. c:

P

PurinPuff

Olivia link said:
If you really want a smooth voicebank, just make a multi pitch VCV.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. VCV voicebanks (if otoed properly) are very smooth when it comes to note transition. You don't need VOCALOID to make a great UTAU.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
You know, if you're super ambitious, you could try to develop your own singing synthesis software like UTAU or that one Chinese program (niaoniao?). I mean, UTAU is pretty much perfect but it'd be cool to have a new program. Of course that would require coding skills.

And that polkaloid thing, I noticed it and thought it was just me being dumb or my iPad auto-correcting it. Lol.

Kitsuyeo

Teto's Territory
I'll continue using UTAU and I think ill work on making a new program if i can.
Thanks for all the advice guys.
does anyone want their utau to sing magnet with mine?
I've been looking for a willing person forever >.<'

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Kitsuyeo link said:
I'll continue using UTAU and I think ill work on making a new program if i can.
Thanks for all the advice guys.
does anyone want their utau to sing magnet with mine?
I've been looking for a willing person forever >.<'
well you don't really have to ask lol as long as it doesn't break an utau's usage clause you're good

Kitsuyeo

Teto's Territory
I want someone to paricipate in the video making and the ust making though.
It's fun
to
make
friends

Masa

Teto's Territory
@ Kitsuyeo

Look here, I know that you've decided to keep to UTAU, but it seems to me that you still don't understand any of these "Using a Utauloid in Vocaloid"- thing. So excuse me for being blunt, but I'll have to spell everything out for you.

- You've discussed the legal issues with your mother, but does she know Vocaloid well enough to know what you're allowed to do with it and what you aren't allow to do? Does she know Yamaha's copyright rules?  Did she read through all the Terms of Service?

- Making up I-Vocaloid doesn't change ANYTHING at all. The fact is that you're using the Vocaloid software for your own vocal, and that is a legal issue like everyone else here said.

- If you really want to use your Utau in Vocaloid, form a company, contact Yamaha, sign their contract, and make your Denki-chan into a Vocaloid. Call it Focaloid or whatever, it's still a Vocaloid. Otherwise this action is illegal and against Yamaha's copyright.

- Know that these companies are very large and have at least a dozen technical people working on programming and stuff. Tell me, are you skilled enough to replace a dozen *professional* programmers that spent their years in University, properly learning how to do these stuff?

- A Vocaloid voicebank is composed of three files, .ddb, .ddi and .vvd . If you're so skilled with programming, tell me, what *are* these files and how do you plan on coding the .wav files you recorded into these format.

- Lastly, not to mention copyright or anything, this action is considered HACKING! You're hacking into the Vocaloid software and that is downright illegal in any country!

Sorry for being blunt and have a nice day.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Guys, we've had a lot of problems with these threads that single people out lately, and they need to stop.  I'm going to close this thread; further thoughts and remarks on this topic should be handled in private.  Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.