Utau sounds crusty lol

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
Yeaaaa so im using UTAU right now and i've imported some recordings into Utau to test and the original recordings themselves sound clear and just like i want them, but when played back in Utau as a voice bank, it just sounds crusty. Anyone else have/have had this issue? It sounds crunchier than a fresh stick of celery and idk what to do :tongue:

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Usually it's something about the oto.ini or you just not setting it up correctly...
I don't know all that much about voicebank creation myself, though I'd wish someone would write an article on it already...
Although, the alternative is also to just embrace the c r o n c h.

Reactions: SneezyEevee

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
If you've configured the oto, the fidelity of the sound resampling relies on the *engine* used. If you're using resampler, it tends to sound a bit fuzzy.

My favorite to use is Moresampler (discontinued), or tn_fnds. TIPS is good but has a unique sound of its own, and more recently Ayame/Ameya did a pre-release of a new UTAU engine, doppeltler, which is generally a bit nicer. Theres also a good amount of other ones; I'm sure theres info here or on the wiki about them.

But yeah, a sample would help. ☺

Reactions: SneezyEevee

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
If you've configured the oto, the fidelity of the sound resampling relies on the *engine* used. If you're using resampler, it tends to sound a bit fuzzy.

My favorite to use is Moresampler (discontinued), or tn_fnds. TIPS is good but has a unique sound of its own, and more recently Ayame/Ameya did a pre-release of a new UTAU engine, doppeltler, which is generally a bit nicer. Theres also a good amount of other ones; I'm sure theres info here or on the wiki about them.

But yeah, a sample would help. ☺
I think you're right on that cause im using the default engine which i think is actually resampler. I noticed that if i use my chest voice the **c r o n c h** is far less noticeable. Maybe it comes through breathier sounds :O
Maybe I'll just have to start out with a chest voice bank and see how that works :}
Post automatically merged:

Usually it's something about the oto.ini or you just not setting it up correctly...
I don't know all that much about voicebank creation myself, though I'd wish someone would write an article on it already...
Although, the alternative is also to just embrace the c r o n c h.
Same, me too! i feel like a blind possum trying to find a cracker in the middle of a hailstorm sometimes when it comes to learning how to UTAU
I'm still trying to figure out how to properly oto so maybe that's contributing to the c r o n c h
Post automatically merged:

Got a sample of said crunch? Maybe I can help.
Hmmm, i might share a sample soon when i have another free day to UTAU
I'll find the crustiest sample i have lol :smile:

Last edited: