Utau sounds demonic no matter what I do.

Creatornite

Momo's Minion
Heyo everyone,

I really need your help because this issue makes me discourage doing utau all together. But, on some notes to my CVVC multipitch voicebank sound like a demon or very corrupted.

And it wasn't just one syllable. Its the whole mora string that sounds so bad. So if typed anything from the Mora each sound like a demon

(E.g. 'n_ka_ki_ke_ku_ke_ko' anything from this string of Mora would be demonic and distorted.)

And it didn't matter what pitch it was in.....it would still sound bad. I've done everything from the advice on here with a similar issue and multiple old forums. From video tutorials on old stuff (removing the FRQ file and reintialyzing them) even down to rerecording......(also mind you I do have a stable recording quiet environment, and a Blue yeti mic with a pop filter and everything.)

I don't understand what's going on...but I never had this issue before.

But nothing I do won't fix her....I even went through possible Moresampler forums (because it's what I used and the most recent installment of it as I could find.) and followed advice there and it doesn't help.

I was close to tears because I don't know what else too do to fix this issue. I don't know what else it is. Please again I ask for your help. Thanks.

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
It's a a bit hard to figure out what you mean by demonic sounding, could you post a link to an example of this sound, on soundcloud or something else?

Creatornite

Momo's Minion
It's a a bit hard to figure out what you mean by demonic sounding, could you post a link to an example of this sound, on soundcloud or something else?
Listen to Bad Samples 2 by Tavionna Mashall on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/NozSM

Hello sorry for the late response!!! (I forgot to click email notifications. But here she is. And excuse the bumps....she isn't fully otoed just yet and missing syllables I haven't typed in lol.

It's more on the distortion on some syllables!! This happen in every UST the Frequency map and rerecording doesn't work no matter what I do!! Please help!!!

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
It sounds like the breath flag on some notes were really high, but if it happens on every ust its unlikely that thats the issue.
Next guess is to see if you've generated new frq files. If you have frq files that were made from old recordings then it can sound simmilar to this when played. To fix that you have to delete the frq files and re-generate them.

If that doesn't help then I suggest you take screen shots of the frq in the frq editor and post one the problem wave files so its easier to find out what is going on.

Reactions: Creatornite

Creatornite

Momo's Minion
THANK YOU GUYS!! I FIGURED IT OUT.

I did everything as suggested by you guys...it didn't work. But!!! I found this option called "Delete Cache" on the pop up when you open a UST and select a singer/resampler and wav tool. And now she's singing just fine!!!!!!

Moral of the story: "It's okay to delete your cache every once in a while."

Have a great day!!! XD