Utau synth Mac OS Big Sur help

3VI3

Momo's Minion
Hi, I'm Evie. I'm new in the fandom so I should probably introduce myself, but I have a lot of stuff to do so I'll do that later. (I shouldn't really be asking a question on this website right now either but who cares)

Anyways, I have a question; it seems like that the Mac users here can use Utau synth on Mac OS Big Sur. Can someone teach me to do that? Utau synth didn't work on my Mac after the update... thank you!

3VI3

Momo's Minion
I could download it, but whenever I tried to open it, it keeps saying that an error has occurred...
I've heard that other people had this problem too

VocaSyntherial

Momo's Minion
Ameya noticed that on Utau-Synth page:

[I]There are many reports that UTAU-Synth does not work on macOS Big Sur, but it may take some time to confirm due to various reasons. It should be noted that, at present [B]Apple silicon-based Mac[/B] in [B]does not work reliably[/B] , please note that.[/I]
i think that this can help you

gil

Teto's Territory
I could download it, but whenever I tried to open it, it keeps saying that an error has occurred...
I've heard that other people had this problem too

That sucks, sorry to hear about that :sad: Apple updates seem to love breaking certain apps. I remember updating to Catalina and suddenly having a bunch of my apps not work anymore OTL

If you really, really want to use utau-synth and just hate big sur that much…it is possible to revert your mac to a previous OS, provided that you had it backed up on Time Machine. But I find this to be a drastic measure to take for a single app. It's very possible that if we just wait, somebody will figure out a fix to the big sur issue

isengaara

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Unforunately Apple switches archictures very often for the Mac. The old program VocalWriter is PowerMac only, so it may or may not run on my Talos II. But there are free replacements for UTAU-Synth and VB6 based UTAU including Cadencii, UTSU and QTAU. QTAU is a QT application, and should be able to run on a macOS or any UNIX system.

feelingiconiic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The Dante Designs .nib helps a lot and makes UTAU and reduces how many times it crashes. Thats how i got my UTAU to work, but i recommend UTSU as well bc it works perfectly fine on Mac Big Sur.
Post automatically merged:

***cadencii doesnt work on Big Sur