UTAU Synth Prefix Map(?) problems

ukeleles

Momo's Minion
hi! it’s my first time posting here, and it’s also my first time using utau synth for mac. i have downloaded gahata meiji (all her voicebanks) and anna nyui raw. as far as i know, a prefix map sets prefixes/suffixes in automatically when a ust is inserted. what’s not happening is that when i use a ust and i use meiji or anna, it doesn’t set the prefixes up automatically. i have used other banks like teto kasane and karasu yuutsukoe and they seem to have working prefix maps when i insert a ust in. i am trying to fix anna and meiji’s prefix maps but utau synth crashes whenever i try to get into the prefix map editor. pls help ty very much!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Another way to edit a prefix map is as a plain text file. You can open the prefix.map file in TextEdit or any other text editor of your choice. Each row has the name of a pitch, then two TABs, then the suffix for that pitch.

ukeleles

Momo's Minion
Another way to edit a prefix map is as a plain text file. You can open the prefix.map file in TextEdit or any other text editor of your choice. Each row has the name of a pitch, then two TABs, then the suffix for that pitch.
i don’t know what i can edit here2109827A-FB5D-4F7C-98AE-9692186A4CA7.jpeg

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The "__G4旧" "_E4強" "_C#4強" "↓" are the suffix that gets applied to the end of the lyric at that pitch. They should correspond to the suffixes in the OTO. You can edit that part if you want to change the suffix.

ukeleles

Momo's Minion
The "__G4旧" "_E4強" "_C#4強" "↓" are the suffix that gets applied to the end of the lyric at that pitch. They should correspond to the suffixes in the OTO. You can edit that part if you want to change the suffix.
what do you mean by that? (sorry im just stupid)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For example, on the C4 row, it has a "↓" symbol. This means that when a note in your UST is at the pitch C4, UTAU will automatically add "↓" to the end of the lyrics. If you do not want it to automatically add a "↓" symbol, you can erase the symbol from that line. If you want to use a different suffix for C4 notes, then write the new suffix in the same spot.

ukeleles

Momo's Minion
For example, on the C4 row, it has a "↓" symbol. This means that when a note in your UST is at the pitch C4, UTAU will automatically add "↓" to the end of the lyrics. If you do not want it to automatically add a "↓" symbol, you can erase the symbol from that line. If you want to use a different suffix for C4 notes, then write the new suffix in the same spot.
ohh ok i think i kind of get it now but shouldn’t the suffixes already be working in that case? since meiji’s prefix map is already complete, why aren’t the suffixes showing up when i add in a ust? (i use the vcv usts btw.)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
UTAU-Synth can automatically convert CV USTs to VCV. Try selecting all notes and using the suffix broker to remove all prefixes to make the UST in CV.

ukeleles

Momo's Minion
UTAU-Synth can automatically convert CV USTs to VCV. Try selecting all notes and using the suffix broker to remove all prefixes to make the UST in CV.
oh i mean like meiji’s prefix map doesn’t work at all when i put in the ust, even when i try to change the suffix through a text editor
Post automatically merged:

also when i try to edit the prefix map outside of a text editor it crashes
Post automatically merged:

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 10.50.44 PM.png

Last edited:

ukeleles

Momo's Minion
ILYSM MWA MWA AHHHH MEIJI WORKS NOW TYSMMMMMMMMM
The "__G4旧" "_E4強" "_C#4強" "↓" are the suffix that gets applied to the end of the lyric at that pitch. They should correspond to the suffixes in the OTO. You can edit that part if you want to change the suffix