UTAU-Synth Users Unite!

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
I know that the UTAU fandom is a PC based fandom. The software first came out for the PC platform and more people tend to own PCs than Macs. But now, with the release of UTAU-Synth, Mac users have been able to join in on the UTAU fun. Admittedly, there has been a few compatibility issues between the two versions (such as messed up .usts and voice bank issues), but for the most part, information can be transferred rather easily. I know that some of you UTAU fanatics out there who happen to have a Mac have been a little weary of the so-called "30 Day License," but in all reality, the software's just as free as it's ever been.

Now, I for one am an UTAU-Synth user, and quite often I find myself feeling a little lonely among the sea of PC UTAU users (and that may or may not be due to my own UTAU's incompatibility with the PC platform). So now I want to know:

How many of you UTAU users run on a Mac platform?

I also thought that perhaps we should open a little thread for discussion on the subject, where we can talk about technical issues, using the interface, and give out little hints and tricks that we've found along the way, etc. I've been using UTAU-Synth for... a little over a year now? Yes. I started using it after the release of my first UTAU and my music's only been improving since.

So go ahead and reply, and let's just see how many UTAU-Synth users are on the forum. ouo

Hika421

Teto's Territory
UTAU-Synth yeah!
I had fun translating it...

Uh, with the exception of FRQing which I like to do on WinUTAU with my Bootcamp, I use UTAU-Synth for stuff on the go on my MacBook, and WinUTAU on my Windows desktop.

So far I wish UTAU-Synth had the ability to switch out resamplers. The built in one gives my UTAU a weird breathiness. Nooot a normal one. (Even with BRE0...?)

I also wish it had those P2P3 buttons and such.

And then when it comes to both UTAU-Synth and WinUTAU I crave the ability to set th pink consonant zone of the OTO in the back. Besides that... I can't complain...!

lilycat130

Momo's Minion
I am! :smile: I've been using it for about a year too. I also wonder how many people out there use UTAU-Synth. I don't think that there are a lot, sadly. :sad: No one understands our compatibility issues! :O LOL. Hey, did you here about the new english version of UTAU- Synth?

ScuroKun

Teto's Territory
I actually use UTAU-Synth more than the regular UTAU. I used to use the regular UTAU, but when UTAU-Synth first came out, I used it right away ><; It's really improved, but it still has some glitches. I wish there wasn't that 30 day license thing. But I think it makes utaus sound really good on it. Usually.

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
Hika421 link said:
So far I wish UTAU-Synth had the ability to switch out resamplers. I also wish it had those P2P3 buttons and such.

Aaaah, I know, right? I haven't been able to figure out yet how to fix a .ust to an UTAU because I don't have the buttons mentioned in the tutorial. ono

And YES. Switching out resamplers would be amazing. I keep wanting to try out my Mac-based UTAU on different resamplers, but sadly, I can't.

lilycat130 link said:
I also wonder how many people out there use UTAU-Synth. I don't think that there are a lot, sadly. :sad: No one understands our compatibility issues! :O LOL. Hey, did you here about the new english version of UTAU- Synth?

If there's one thing that frustrates me, it's when people can't seem to understand that I'm using UTAU-Synth and therefore have to deal with different issues than UTAU users. Like, for instance, someone in a trade once got on me because I wasn't pumping out renders fast enough and they couldn't comprehend that UTAU-Synth tends to butcher .usts. I worked my butt off to fix it and give her the renders. OTL

And praise the glory of the English patch! I'm finally able to understand what all the different regions in the note properties mean! Not to mention that I'm finally able to actually learn how to use UTAU-Synth and improve my mixing. ;u;

ScuroKun link said:
I wish there wasn't that 30 day license thing. But I think it makes utaus sound really good on it. Usually.

Don't get me started on how much trouble the 30 day license has caused me. I really do hate it. |:1

And for the most part, yes, UTAUs do tend to sound better on the Mac. I know Salvador's a major example. He sounded like a drowning fish in UTAU, but now you can actually understand him. :1

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
I use UTAU-Synth on my mac. I have an XP and the normal utau is just sorta hard for me. UTAU-SYNTH forever! I hate the regist-key though. XD

The only other thing I hate is a problem I'm having with overseas voicebanks
>:sad:

Anyways I fell like it's way nicer than normal utau!

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
poundthemochi link said:

Exactly. I tried to use Teto and Momo once, but UTAU-Synth immediately crashed and corrupted their data. It was... disheartening, to say the least.

poundthemochi link said:

I love using UTAU-Synth because it has such a smooth, sleek, and user friendly interface. No random buttons and tiny pictures. :sing:

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
MioDioDaVinci link said:
[quote author=poundthemochi link=topic=1661.msg12674#msg12674 date=1335894942]

Exactly. I tried to use Teto and Momo once, but UTAU-Synth immediately crashed and corrupted their data. It was... disheartening, to say the least.

poundthemochi link said:
I agree with you I fell like UTAU-Synth seems more fresh

I love using UTAU-Synth because it has such a smooth, sleek, and user friendly interface. No random buttons and tiny pictures. :sing:
[/quote]

R

RedberryDeadLine

I have the UTAU-Synth, and I have XP too . Same as Poundthemochi .
And I love UTAU-Synth. Better than WINDOWS UTAU..!!!
Because the WINDOWS UTAU make my PC hard disk full with the cache...I can't remove it. :sad:

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
Suki-Tama link said:
Because the WINDOWS UTAU make my PC hard disk full with the cache...I can't remove it. :sad:

Aww... Sorry to hear that... Well, I guess it's always nice to have around as a back up? ouo;;

R

RedberryDeadLine

MioDioDaVinci link said:
[quote author=Suki-Tama link=topic=1661.msg15732#msg15732 date=1338200855]

Aww... Sorry to hear that... Well, I guess it's always nice to have around as a back up? ouo;;
[/quote]

Owh, I already backup those over many times...But it still like that.
So, now I didn't use the Xp anymore. *(I can't use it anymore, cause of something happen to that computer)*

\(∏Д ∏ \) いいえ!!!

*(Oh, I hope you'll understand; I can't communicated very well cause of social communication problem)*

michaeleliable

Momo's Minion
Yea Yea UTAU-Synth! I've figured out how to switch a ust that has been made in utau-synth to regular utau. just select the ust that you want save as. then select .ust 1.2. there is something next to it I think its shift something. but then you save you ust like that, then it will open in regular utau.

I don't have a problem with the 30 day license, =I just use the one that I  used last month :smile: If you have any other questions just ask me :wink: ALL HAIL UTAU-SYNTH!!!!

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
michaeleliable link said:
I've figured out how to switch a ust that has been made in utau-synth to regular utau. just select the ust that you want save as. then select .ust 1.2. there is something next to it I think its shift something. but then you save you ust like that, then it will open in regular utau.

I can't tell you how helpful this is. Thank you so much! ;A;/

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Um... I normally use UTAU but now that I'm at my dad's house, I'm having to use a Mac for the first time. It's kinda confusing but I did get UTAU Synth. I'm still learning how to use it, but I think I still prefer regular old UTAU. UTAU Synth in my opinion is easier for usts, but I just like UTAU a little better since the quality of my rendering is better. That may be due to the fact that I'm new to UTAU Synth and all, but I just prefer the other.

Hika421

Teto's Territory
Just a note, if you saved a UST 2.0 with notes stacked on top of each other vertically, then save it as a UST 1.2, those stacked notes will be gone on Windows, as Win-UTAU can't play 2 notes simultaneously yet. Hopefully WinUTAU will be updated to just take UST 2.0s though.

I'd kinda like that. If WinUTAU got UTAU-Synth's VCV recognition too, there'd be no need for specifically VCV or specifically CV USTs anymore.

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
Ah, yes. I adore UTAU-Synth's ability to take any hiragana .ust and recognize how to appropriately use VCV on it. It needs a little help some times, but all around, it works rather nicely.

Anonymyx

Momo's Minion
so i made my first utau a few hours ago on utau synth . . i made the voice bank sing a medium length song and it keeps crashing and it never plays . . .it used to work the frst time and when i started editiing each character, it just quit on me. . like it keeps crashing everytime i use my voice bank . .and ONLY my voice bank . . i have teto's and the default . . they work fine but mines dont . . HELP?!

Hika421

Teto's Territory
Is it when rendering? I found that when I used my UTAU's full VB (full vcv, cv, end breaths, etc, around 800 samples), it would always crash, so I ended up just using the VCV of it in UTAU-Synth, (cutting the size down a bit) and it would render. How big is your VB?

Speaking of which, hopefully UTAU-Synth will be able to handle bigger VBs soon.

In some cases, it's also because of FRQs I think