UTAU won't uninstall

TakeruInudo

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I've tried to do this several times now and it just won't uninstall. It started to produce this weird default voice that wasn't even in the VB folder for every utauloid. When I cleared out all of the vbs n usts out of the Utau program it started to register ryan-kun's vbs as the default vbs even though I just cleared everything out. so then I went to go uninstall it, via- > control panel- > programs. N I keep getting the same weird pop up that is in Japanese that looks like a minister with a moon or something on it. Idk what is wrong but it won't uninstall and I'm afraid I won't be able to use Utau if it doesn't start working.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
...I'd uninstall UTAU by going into my files and directly deleting it. Select all and shift+del.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You could try revo uninstaller and see if that uninstalls it - that usually works if nothing else does. Check your HDD for errors as well. It could be that the sector utau wrote to has gone bad, in which case, you may have to format your HDD and reinstall windows (when you format and reinstall, bad sectors get ignored - you'll notice that your HDD space will be a bit smaller). It happens as mechanical drives get older.

TakeruInudo

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
You could try revo uninstaller and see if that uninstalls it - that usually works if nothing else does. Check your HDD for errors as well. It could be that the sector utau wrote to has gone bad, in which case, you may have to format your HDD and reinstall windows (when you format and reinstall, bad sectors get ignored - you'll notice that your HDD space will be a bit smaller). It happens as mechanical drives get older.

My computer doesn't have internet, do unless I can't transfer the program through flash drive then I can't do it, n I'm not entirely sure what u said, I'm not too smart when it comes to tech stuff. Srry

TakeruInudo

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Can you put up some screen shots?

I can try today, but im not sure if ill have a chance since I may only have 1 trip to the library today (since that is the only time I can upload anything since I don't have internet).

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Use revo uninstaller or wise uninstaller.

They can "deep clean" and delete anything related to the application. Just copy it to a thumb drive and try it out.

Screenshots with the "print screen" button and paste into paint or something