Vocaloid/UTAU Radio Show

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey hey!  I'm a radio DJ on my college radio station, and I'm going to do a VOCALOID/UTAU themed radio show this semester!  It'll be on for an hour every Wednesday evening, starting at midnight on technically-Thursday in Central Time, which is GMT-6.

If you want to listen to my show, tune in at that time on http://kwur.com/ !

(I'll also take song suggestions, if you have them, which may be vocaloid or utau.  However, they MUST be originals/remixes or absolutely exceptional covers.)

Avalia-Kasa

probably a potato tbh
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I would submit some of my songs, but I feel a little awkward with the idea of Japanese songs being submitted to an I'm assuming American radio station... at my school here in California, nobody really gives a bleep about my songs so I'm iffy ; v ;
Moreover, the idea of spreading UTAU I like but with the American view of VOCALOID (either nonexistent or "EW THEY AREN'T EVEN REAL THIS ISN'T REAL MUSIC UGHH") I'm not too sure orz

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm going to play both English and Japanese (and whatever other language pops up heh).  It's a hipster radio station, so I'm not too worried. xDD; There's one show that's solid K-Pop...  I'm just showing off a cool technology while showing off cool music, which hipsters like, especially if the mainstream hates it. :D

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
If I did the time conversion right, it's in like 25 minutes?

Edit: Nice show, it was fun to listen to. If you are looking for more English, you can use one of Puffihn's Miriam songs. I really enjoyed the Clara and Luka song, was pleasantly surprised to hear one of the Spanish 'loids in there. C:

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Puffihn!  That's the Miriam composer I couldn't remember, thank you!

I love the Spanish Vocaloids :uhm:  I will play them as much as I can~ ColorfulHorizons does really cool duets with those two <3

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Olivia, if you're promoting your own covers, don't bother.  Sorry to be rude, but that's not what I mean.

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Oh, I'm sorry.
I thought that's what you were looking for.
Man, now I feel like a self absorbed idiot.
I'm really, really, really sorry. ;-;

Um, for other suggestions, maybe you could do some of Cheezitsareyummy's originals? They're really great, and if he allows it, I think people would really enjoy it.
Also, this is one of the best Mozaik Role covers I've ever heard.
【Kagamine Len · Utatane Piko】Mozaik Role【VOCALOIDカバー】
Hope I helped a bit.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I don't mean to speak for anyone but I think she's only looking for originals, but if a cover is really popular/good (Ritsu's -ERROR, for example), then it has a chance to get in.

But I could be completely wrong so just ignore this if that's the case...

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ant is much closer to what I meant by "exceptional covers", though "popular" isn't how I judge them... But I guess it holds some water.  My first rule of thumb is if it's worth playing, someone other than its creator will post it.

Thus, if you post your own cover, I'm going to completely ignore you.  We all think our own work is great.  But that doesn't really attest to its actual quality.

I thought long and hard before saying that I would even TAKE song suggestions--especially mentioning that I would play covers--in this thread, and I'm beginning to think that was a mistake.  I was hoping people would post originals and the kind of covers that are better than the original (you know, when the original was a poorly-tuned mess, like many old Vocaloid songs, and then someone took it and covered it with awesome tuning).  Or the covers where someone fit a voice to a song in a magical way and put a lot of effort into it, and the result shows.

tldr; don't post your own covers.

On topic, Olivia, that Mozaik Role is awesome!  And everyone keeps suggesting Matt, haha... but I can only play the same artist every other show... (and I'm not asking people for permission to play things on the grounds that you wouldn't ask a non-Vocaloid artist, so what on earth is different there...?????)

P

PurinPuff

AkiGlancy (who I guess you'd call Empath-P) composes some really nice songs.
Leaving Donna makes me cry every time I listen to it. It's kinda slow and sad though, so I dunno

On a different note, I love this Babylon cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNtWepgc-Q

EDIT: Oh, what about Chaosmaid?

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
At one point in your stint at the radio station you should play one mix of Breaking Point, there are certainly enough to go around. Besides the Original, which I am sure we all can agree is quite awesome there is also the Shatter Mix, Circus Mix, A.E Jaded Remix, 'Bibo's Remix' and of course the oft maligned Braeking Piont.

From there there are a wide variety of covers of the various mixes. Standouts include the Halt Tanner version of the Original (normalize it before playing it) and the Galaco Engrish version of Shatter Mix.

I know you have been wanting to fill out your English song playlist, so at least you have some tracks in a language your listeners understand. Here is my (not so) short-list of English Language Vocaloid Originals:

I'llSeeU-P
I'll SeeU, Headline Love, Succubus, You And I'll Fly Away, Halloween Requiem, Last Dance
Puffihn
Sunset, Lonely Flight, Secret Space, Bad Guy, Only a Dream, Without Us
Gumbi500
Night Illusion, Song of a Shy Girl (Luka), Starlit Sunshine, One-Hit Revenge Game
Ms.Constantine
Fr@cture, Pitch Black Refrain (Big Al ver.), Once Before the Fall, Nomad, Ephesus
Baggagelizard
Ice Sculptures, Want, A Lazy Song
Vortex11316
Morning Light, Forever
ChaoFreak
Centrifugal Cindi

Honorable Mentions: Come On Me by Horizons-P, Theme of /jp/ by Anonymous, Speechless & Beat Beat, Tick Tick by Reso-Nation Collab.

Not a complete nor comprehensive listing, but these are the ones off the top of my head. Some are better than others, all could use a bit of normalization before airplay due to differing levels.

If they don't need to be Vocaloid originals I have an entire playlist of Engloid Covers.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Here is what I can add to the list:
  • Sasukeninjagal (on YT, english originals) (my favourites are Hyperstudio and CE.)
  • Cora/Alphonse (on YT, R&B english originals) (my favourite is Runaway)
  • Sat (on Nicovideo, R&B english/japanese originals)(my favourite is "ロマンシング ヨコハマ")
  • SweetRevengeK (on YT, metal/rock/dubstep/whatever english originals)(my favourite is "Miracle is Dead"
  • Prince Syo/SadisticLittleBrother (on YT and crecrew, korean originals & korean/english/chinese covers)(my favourite is "Krazyswing" and the Luo Tianyi version of "Fireflies"
  • And Ant has a really funny original song somewhere, but I can't seem to find it on either of his YTs >:O
  • And scarfutan's "Fabular Show Tonight" gets stuck in my head a whole lot
  • And the covers posted at UTAUxyz are great (naturally), their cover of Fluffoughts and Poker face are my favourites <3
  • And naturally kyaami has unadjectivable covers, but I can't think of what I like especially besides -ERROR
  • And AyuRox's cover of "Yellow" with LOLA is amazing
  • And yesi-chan's originals are a thing! "Dolor de Cabeza" is my favourite but it's not really a radio song XD "Llolar" is probably a better bet.

And if I think of more I'll add to the list...hopefully there's some overlap of taste here XD

I originally posted with videos, which I have now locked away in spoiler, which don't always seem to open for me (I'm using chrome) so it's JUST AS WELL:

EDIT: I'm gonna have to check out the stuff that Hentai posted because there's some names I don't recognize on there! owo

and I think the spoilers only don't work when there's text under it, for some reason...hrm.

EDIT AGAIN: or maybe not WHYYYYY ;O;

Sasukeninjagal's stuff is really good!

Hyperstudio

(this is in english)

CE.

(this isn't in any particular language)

Cora's/Alphonse's stuff is also really good!

【Oliver】 Runaway 【Original Song】

Sat's stuff is good! "ロマンシング ヨコハマ" is my favourite, but he also does songs entirely in english using Luka and sometimes even Big Al! (I'd post, but most of his stuff is just on nico, and I can't figure out the embed, especially when I can't seem to get a proper sm number for Romancing Yokohama =_=;:wink:

And let's not forget SweetRevenge K:

Miracle is Dead

And let's not forget Prince Syo:

크레이지스윙 (Krazyswing)

And Ant has a song too but I can't find it! > 8 O (I remember that it was really funny with a solid composition XD)

Llorar - Remastered

My favourite song is actually "Dolor de Cabeza" from Yesi-chan, but I was listening to it and it was like THIS IS NOT A SONG FOR THE RADIO, while crying

Fabular Show TONIGHT★

This song gets stuck in my head a whole lot...it's the same with "Krazy Swing", incidentally.

And the covers of Poker Face and Fluffoughts on UTAUxyz are ones I remember thinking were some of the best covers I'd ever heard... And I couldn't think of what my favourite cover by kyaami is ;o; well, besides -ERROR.

Anyways if I think of more, you know that I wouldn't pass up the chance to make a really long post longer, right?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
^ I loooove Cora's Oliver songs! They're so awesome. :O I just wish the tuning was better, and not so scratchy.

Do you mean this?: http://soundcloud.com/anttaffy/some-kinda-test-thing
I keep all my originals on my soundcloud, I haven't had a chance to draw pictures for them yet so I can upload them to youtube. ^^;; That one is old, though, I got so much better (IMO anyway) since then. I wound up using that particular song as my Galaco entry, Lamp Ara rendered it with Ollie for me. :3

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Wah!  A bunch I've heard of and a bunch I haven't!  I'll have to go on a big MP3-collecting spree tomorrow...

Hentai, I've played the original Breaking Point before on my old show (I had theme nights), and I'll certainly do so again, haha!  Maybe all the remixes too... I'm a big fan of the Shatter Mix.

Kit, I love SweetRevengeK too *w* and I had forgotten yesi's songs, but those are pretty great too~

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I do vote for "Llorar - Remastered" from Yesi and AlexTripSands. It's possibly her best ORIGINAL.

I would say also "Dolor de Cabeza", but it may sound to Midi-ish compared to other suggestions already exposed here.

Obakebaka

Momo's Minion
Ritsu's or Len's cover of Jitter Doll. Without a doubt!

Even folk I know not into utau or vocaloid think it's really, really good.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Going on air in about fourty-five minutes (so on the next hour)!  The link is www.kwur.com as always.  If I take a few minutes to come on (ie you're hearing weird indie rock), just be patient, I'll get in there.

Got a lot of the suggestions from this thread, but also just some of my personal favorites as usual.  Hehe~