What is the difference between f2resamp and doppeltler?

eifirjrr

Momo's Minion
Having trouble looking up information on what each is made for. What are the significant differences between them? I'd assume they have to have some differences between each other, given that Ameya bothered to make 2 separate resamplers. I also wonder if one better than the other?
Post automatically merged:

I should also say that I don't have a PC to tinker around with these myself. I do plan on buying a PC soon though, and installing UTAU on it.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
They're just different! They use different methods to resample, neither is inherently "better" or "worse" or necessarily for a specific thing. All you can do is give it a try when you can.

IO+

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
f2resamp is an upgrade version of fresamp i think, it's supports g, B, N, P, t flags and have unique flags such as
A : Emphasizes high frequencies,
S : Changes number of threads
i : Sets length of the rear fixed area (milliseconds)
v : Sets consonant velocity of the rear fixed area
There is more than this but i can't remember, FRQ has to be consistent.

As doppeltler sampler, i know very little. It's supports g, B, N, P flags and it doesn't enjoy vccv english bank.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In general, different resamplers use different algorithms for processing audio, and offer different flags for adjusting the results. Check if the voicebank you're using has a recommended resampler, or experiment with different resamplers and flags until you like how the results sound.

Doppeltler in particular has a unique flag, R. When applied to a note, that note will be played in reverse.

Reactions: Halo