Yamaha: VOCALOID 4 Engine

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Absolutely. I just don't want to see all V2 voicebanks get abandoned just like V1 voicebanks if they cannot be imported on V4 engine.

Trruuuuuuuuuuuue ;A;"' My dear TONIO, elegant Prima, awesome sauce Iroha, lovely Miki, adorable sweet Yuki, funny Kiyoteru, amazing Sweet Ann, Big AL, cutie SONiKA, Piko... ;w;"'

(And now in our desperate prayer, we should replace the "V3" of "We wish one day a V3 update of V1 Engloids" by "V4" /shot)

FluoroLime

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Personally I'm noy sure how they COULD improve the V3 engine. I haven't used it much, but realism doesn't seem to be an issue. Maybe portamento (idk what you windows people call it) like in UTAU would be good. What else can be improved?

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Based on the comments I've read, most people aren't really concerned about vocal quality as much as inferface changes and technical things like that. One idea I saw on VO that I really liked was the ability to lock the track onto a certain key when you're writing a song/making a VSQ. More intuitive vibrato/pitchbend/portamento editing was a biggie too. (The Chinese job plugin is great and all but it'd be soooo much better if Vocaloid came with something like it instead of relying on a third party)

FluoroLime

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
On another note, does this mean the Kagamines WON'T get a V3 update at all? According to the VOCALOID Wiki, they're scheduled for the second half of 2015. But with the new V4 editor, will they just skip V3?
If they do, its a shame because I was really looking forward to getting their new English bank if its not awful.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, maybe with Luka they'll be the last V3 ever (except if Ling and Lorra get released before the jump to V4, which I doubt despite how advanced they seem to be -the voicers had been picked very recently and even if they're recording, I don't really think it'll be done before V4's appearance without being rushed on)

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If this whole V4 thing isn't a hoax, I'd say Luka, Ling, and Lorra quite possibly may be our last V3s. and all 3 start with the letter L

Reactions: Lorreine Geralde

mateidobrescu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think Luka will be a V4. I have this feeling bcs her English at Miku Expo was way to good for V3. All the sounds sound very well defined and very understandable, which in V3 is a bit of a problem.
Also on Vocaloid Wiki:"Wat later mentioned that Luka was made mostly in-house with help from people in the US. He mentioned that the new Luka voice had been worked upon to fit in with Yamaha's sound system. It was mentioned that he had to constantly remodel the VOCALOID database."
Maybe the US team was VocaTone and the remodeling of the voicebank is the shift from V3 to V4.

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Luka will be a V3. Her bank is near completion, if not complete. V4 is still in beta with only Japanese Programmed, so that's honestly impossible. Rin/Len will either be some of the very last V3s, or will be V4, since their English is yet to be recorded. VOCANESE and Zero-G stuff are very, very likely to be V3, too.