YouTube's New Layout

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
moonst4r link said:
-Everything is on the left for widescreen people.

Yeah, please change it back. Maybe we can just all migrate to NND.

Here's a handy fix for that:

[Tutorial] How To Use YouTube's New Layout

Seriously though, why aren't we /already/ all migrated to nico? I mean, that would be so much easier for vocaloid and UTAU related things. Im pretty sick of google by this point, no one lied the last update, no one likes this one, when will they understand that we really just want it to be left alone? U_U

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
Here's a handy fix for that:

That's brilliant :O
I guess we haven't made the move to NND before was because it was all in Japanese and not everyone could easily navigate it. But now though, there's the matter of fact that tagging is still a little weird with English NND and stuff. I think, I'm not that updated.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't really want to move permanently to Nico. Not only are its English and Japanese tag bases seperate and it translates everything on English Nico (I stay on Japanese Nico because of all these stupid things wrong with it, big shame), but the videos are extremely low quality for those not paying members, which isn't cheap, and you can't reply to comments and overall it's a very private site rather than a community. which is why we still cling to youtube no matter how much it destroys us sob

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Ah, right... I wonder what it would take to make a brand new site.

KaelemGaen

Teto's Territory
I'm not a fan of the color scheme, or the fact that going to youtube.com defaults to the "home" Screen which is that jumbled, recommendation so n so commented, more recommendations hey look another comment oh right and here are videos uploaded by your subscriptions.  But at least they put back in in the "uploads only" option that was missing from a previous beta roll out.

Granted you have to go  My Subscriptions -> uploads only tab... but at least it's there.  and they do seem to waste a lot of space on widescreen monitors .

So in otherwords, not a fan but not like it's earth shattering bad to me.

Side note:  Careful it can link your google+ Accounts if you have one and it does ask you if you wanna show your real name instead of a Username, make sure to choose the right option.

theLooneyLibrarian

Teto's Territory
I have trouble finding my stuff. The title now being below the video confuses the heck outta me. The again, I didn't like the previous update, either. I want to be able to watch a persons videos on their channel again...meh. :l