All portamento (pitch bend) curve shapes sound the same

kvege55

Momo's Minion
Hello there, I don't know if this is normal or not. Recently, I noticed that changing the pitch bend curve shape only changes it visually, but the pitch bend still sounds exactly the same (it's 100% verified, as I recorded all of them on the same two notes and then played the recordings together - it sounded exactly the same, like one single voice). It behaves like this with all resamplers and voicebanks. Everything in UTAU works completely fine, so I'm not sure if this is an issue or it works the way I described for all of you. I also noticed that most people (including me, usually) work with the default (S) curves, as they're versatile and with control points, they allow creating really impressive pitch bends.

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
You can hear a difference if you make the pitch bend really long, but most of the time it's too subtle to notice

Reactions: kvege55

kvege55

Momo's Minion
You can hear a difference if you make the pitch bend really long, but most of the time it's too subtle to notice
Thanks for the answer! I'll try tomorrow, but at the length of one 1/4 note at the tempo 120, there's no difference at all (I'm not sure if that's normal). As I mentioned, I compared it and played the recordings together, and all of them sounded like an S-curve.