CV VC English

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
shinami link said:
[quote author=Ant link=topic=4181.msg31381#msg31381 date=1354885087]
Well, with Engloids all you do is enter lyrics (if you're lazy like me. :I). No worrying about the length of VCs, consonant velocity, etc.

how do you do that
I've had Tonio and I could never do that. and everyone keeps saying that you can i don't understand

I think with Vocaloids they have far better editing options (Or maybe it's just that I've never heard a CV VC UTAU have extensive pitchbend editing). Though very few people know how to utilize them. But CV VC like I've said makes way more sense in terms of phonetics (Since I'm used to Tonio's crazy ones because I can't do this magical word thing you mention).
[/quote]

All you have to do is put in a word on the note you drew, and I should change it into phonemes. If it doesn't, find the menu on the top tha has "phoneme transformation," select the note and click that and it will change it ino phonemes for you. That's how it works with V1, at least.

------

And I wasn't going to post a WIP but here, have a preview:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/anttaffy/wip-english-utau-chorus-last[/soundcloud]

Maybe I was being lazy, but Tony's "sp" in "special" some parts sound off.

Who am I missing? orz I have Natalie Summer here, she's the only one I don't have in so far (I'm not using Ran omgsdklf and Beat is also difficult to use here...)

Here's the list of ones I used in order BTW:
Tony Yonne
Piper K.
Lizett
Kori Stone
CZLoid
Kyokusei Jiseki
Halt Tanner

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Sorry for the double post, I don't want that one post getting too cluttered. So I tried to make a list of English UTAUs, for the sake of keeping organized:

List of English UTAUs

(Cz's Lists)
LITE:
Tony Yonne
Piper K.
Lizett
Kori Stone*
Cherry*
Jani*
Kiya Caramella*
Cat Yami*

FULL:
CZLoid
Kyokusei Jiseki
Halt Tanner
Beat Okamine
Ongaku*
Onen (incomplete OTO)

--
OTHER (Not with Cz's Lists):
Seine Ran
Neko Kanochi
Aiko Kikyune
Eleanora
Kumi Hitsuboku
Daatura Inoxia
Otakune Weaboo*
Needle
Kion Yura
Sasayaki Nonnuro

*Unreleased

(cooould've sworn there were more full banks. :V Suggestions for the list pls.)

KaelemGaen

Teto's Territory
According to the guy who made Onen he's actually Full List just incomplete oto, though I did notice it doesn't have the standalone  -m-n-l- and the like, but as far as it goes he can almost sing the first verse of Witchy Woman with only them standalone/singular notes missing I should try to load it up into a Lite list.

Koolit

Momo's Minion
Supporter
I think I'm agreeing with most people (and I already said this in an early post), but I like the stability of pronunciation of CV VC UTAUloids more than Engloids, but I prefer the current Vocaloid's tone and quality. BUT, there aren't a whole range of UTAUs out there yet, so it's still early to tell whether either is better, imo.

@Ant ohhhh my *7* That's one of my favorite holiday songs. eee It sounds good so far ^0^

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hnn I'm going to get killed for this opinion but

Vocaloid is... sigh.  It's easy to use on a basic level, but it's super hard to use WELL.  The fact of the matter with Engloids is that they're missing phonemes, and you have almost no control over end consonants.  It's so hard to control their phonetics that I think English UTAU are better (when used well) for just that control alone.  Oh and the fact that you CAN'T SEPARATE VOCALOID DIPTHONGS, that drives me NUTS.  And is why I oto Halt's dipthongs separate, though Cz doesn't (but it's not that big of a deal with mode2?? vocaloid pitch editing makes it a nightmare).

The V1 engine isn't as good as some of the better UTAU resamplers, so they have that weakness, too.

Avanna is, at least for her demos so far, an exception to my general opinion.  Though she still has the damn phonetic issues.  Oliver is so muffled... I've mixed that boy before and wtf my EQ was the biggest cluster**** of trying to unmuffle him

I think... the better English UTAU songs outclass most Engloid songs, but the very best Engloid uses outclass any English UTAU.  *shrug*

@Ant also Victor Yonne for unreleased LITE, and Soledi for unreleased FULL.  And can I just say Kori sounds adorable on that range omg (good WIP in general <3)

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
KaelemGaen link said:
According to the guy who made Onen he's actually Full List just incomplete oto, though I did notice it doesn't have the standalone  -m-n-l- and the like, but as far as it goes he can almost sing the first verse of Witchy Woman with only them standalone/singular notes missing I should try to load it up into a Lite list.

Is it? oops. I'll switch him over then.

Cheese link said:
ngl yami's english isn't going to be finished

Ahhh... I liked her too. :c

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
@Ant are you counting 'loids with full english lists, or does english supplement count as well? I'll add that I'm f-f-fairly sure that Daatura doesn't support english officially :'(

- Sasayaki Nunnoru is my favourite VwV she's jp-based and without a full range of phenomes, but she includes VCs and that has my love forever ;o;
- Murou is JP-based. And I don't have much experience with him, so I can't comment on the range of phenomes. But that one includes a dedicated english bank, and VC supplements on his JP banks, and I find that pretty impressive ^^
- And Needle and Kion Yura have english banks, but they are english banks that will make you cry. Like, you use them and think ENGRISHING WOULD BE EASIER AND MORE CLEAR THAN THISSSSSSSSSSS. But, they include VCs.
- Asparagus has banks with english supplements...iirc then Cafe and Violetta only include CVs, but ROUGE's newest bank might be more comphrehensive (I haven't gotten a good look at it yet, sob)
- I don't know if dear Kenage Kaisho officially supports english, but there's "th" sounds...in VCV, even! :uhm: It's subtly limiting, but also awesome.
- There's Fukai Nekone, I guess. I haven't used her in a while V_V

Cdra link said:
Hnn I'm going to get killed for this opinion but

Vocaloid is... sigh.  It's easy to use on a basic level, but it's super hard to use WELL.  The fact of the matter with Engloids is that they're missing phonemes, and you have almost no control over end consonants.  It's so hard to control their phonetics that I think English UTAU are better (when used well) for just that control alone.  Oh and the fact that you CAN'T SEPARATE VOCALOID DIPTHONGS, that drives me NUTS.  And is why I oto Halt's dipthongs separate, though Cz doesn't (but it's not that big of a deal with mode2?? vocaloid pitch editing makes it a nightmare).

The V1 engine isn't as good as some of the better UTAU resamplers, so they have that weakness, too.

Avanna is, at least for her demos so far, an exception to my general opinion.  Though she still has the damn phonetic issues.  Oliver is so muffled... I've mixed that boy before and wtf my EQ was the biggest cluster**** of trying to unmuffle him

I think... the better English UTAU songs outclass most Engloid songs, but the very best Engloid uses outclass any English UTAU.  *shrug*

@Ant also Victor Yonne for unreleased LITE, and Soledi for unreleased FULL.  And can I just say Kori sounds adorable on that range omg (good WIP in general <3)

You aren't getting any hate from over here. Hearing phrases like "vocaloid-quality", "utau-quality" is just such a bullshit attitude =__=

Sometimes in Vocaloid you can fix a phonetics issue by shuffling around the consonants. If it's a bugged consonant cluster on LEON or LOLA, then you are fuuuuuucked. In V2 you have more options, because you can put a consonant on a standalone note, and you have consonant velocity. And what I like about V3, is that you can switch from editing words to editing phenomes in-editor, which is super cool =w= But anyways, phonetics-wise with vocaloid, you have to trick and haggle with the editor, more then you get to actually work with it.

With UTAU, you have a greater degree of control. You can cut up the recordings however you like, and cut someone else's release even further. In-editor, in a situation like a VC not pronouncing correctly, you can just ctrl+g into voicebank settings and see what's going on. And you can choose what degree of continuous sound you want to use, whether that's full CV-VC or only using VCs for words with ending consonants.

And that's all without mentioning the power of being able to change resamplers : P which you can futz and flag around with to your hearts content. There's an option to turn off the formant filter, even! It's just, woah.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I feel left out. Otakune Weeaboo

In the "Other" category and its a full EN bank.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/dahentai/hh-eee-draft[/soundcloud]

Just don't expect a release any time soon. I still haven't finished the PV for the above and the backing track is going through another revision so technically its 'unreleased' as well.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kit Wistful link said:
- I don't know if dear Kenage Kaisho officially supports english, but there's \"th\" sounds...in VCV, even! :uhm: It's subtly limiting, but also awesome.

meep blushu at the kaisho mention Because she's not very english at all. XD I had a bad accent since it was my first VCV bank, and in terms of english she had Rs, Ls, THs (like thee, and they sounded a lot like Vs), and all those garbage-y Ritsu extras, so I guess you could twist her into engrish.

I'll probably start recording english banks as soon as I can wrap my head around the pronunciations. I keep trying and failing to do the strings. So used to doing 7-mora Japanese. ;; Kimu LITE might have a Japanese accent at this rate. DX

And I kept bugging Cola to post this here.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/nicolacola/adjksjfkgkdsj-so-happy[/soundcloud]

Minarai Mona should have a FULL bank released soon/eventually.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
@kit oops, how did I forget Needle and Yura? How do you find all of these awesome obscure UTAUs?

Ahhh, I'm just going to keep the CV VC list updated, there's lots of UTAUs that have some english support but this is the CV VC topic, sooo...

@Shinami "want" is not even the word to describe this.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well, this happened:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/anttaffy/i-accidentally-this-voicetype[/soundcloud]

Recorded a whole new bank. This is the only OTOing I did so far, though. > w < The first singer is the new bank, and the second is a comparison to Jiseki (horrid samples, cover your ears). So much improvement in this one, I think. I'm not doing another full bank, screw that, saving it for Cz's new list. This is lite. ; w ; I'm putting the Jiseki append on hold, probably for a very very long time because I realized I used the old list like a dork. meh.

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I re-rediscovered some old choir music and started working on this~ The melody will be divided between the four different singers once it's done. It might be a while before I finish this because I've still got Secret Santa stuff to do, but I wanted to share my progress. ouo

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/nicolacola/lets-hear-it-for-the-boy-2[/soundcloud]

Lizett belongs to Koolit
Mona belongs to me
Halt belongs to Cdra
Cz belongs to PaintedCz

Words by Dean Pitchford
Music by Tom Snow
Arrangement by Deke Sharon

Koolit

Momo's Minion
Supporter
B'aaaw, Cola!! Choir music has a special place in my heart. x'3 I love how it sounds so far!

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Koolit link said:
B'aaaw, Cola!! Choir music has a special place in my heart. x'3 I love how it sounds so far!
Hnn, I agree, choir music is so pretty~ <3 Thanks so much! ;u;

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
NicolaCola link said:
I re-rediscovered some old choir music and started working on this~ The melody will be divided between the four different singers once it's done. It might be a while before I finish this because I've still got Secret Santa stuff to do, but I wanted to share my progress. ouo

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/nicolacola/lets-hear-it-for-the-boy-2[/soundcloud]

Lizett belongs to Koolit
Mona belongs to me
Halt belongs to Cdra
Cz belongs to PaintedCz

Words by Dean Pitchford
Music by Tom Snow

O.O, this is awesome!!

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
NicolaCola link said:

Lizett belongs to Koolit
Mona belongs to me
Halt belongs to Cdra
Cz belongs to PaintedCz

Words by Dean Pitchford
Music by Tom Snow

Whoooooah, I love how they all harmonize! OAO

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
OngakuCD link said:
O.O, this is awesome!!
Ahh, thank you! Glad you like it~ ^^

Ant link said:
Whoooooah, I love how they all harmonize! OAO
Thanks, Ant! ;u;/ Eeee, yesss, the harmonies are super well-written, and I'm really happy with how all their voices fit together~ ouob

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
By the way, when are you going to officially release Mona? ; w;

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
By the way, when are you going to officially release Mona? ; w;
Once I make her a proper release cover, ahh. ;; It'll hopefully maybe happen some time January or February-ish? I'll try and work on it after I do my Secret Santa stuff.

I haven't even decided on a song for her release yet, though, so it's hard to get a real estimate of when it'll happen. ;;