Defoko has zero files?

Ari

Teto's Territory
Hello, I am extremely new to UTAU so I've been following Yuunarii's tutorials on Youtube.
I've already downloaded the necessary plug-ins, such as the Roman to Kana converter so Defoko can - theoretically - read the text.
My computer can also read Japanese, so nothing is gibberish and Kana presents.

Defoko is already in the Voice file for UTAU and her .wav files exist, yet when clicking on the "Property of Voice Bank" section - where the picture of the voice's avatar would be - it claims she has zero files but 148 voices.

She remains quiet, and to clarify in Project Configurations her file is not highlighted red in the Voice Bank section. That means she's instaled... right?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Kaleidiope

Lyouuv

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
By default Uta/Defoko's voicebank should be sitting directly in the voice folder, so make sure in Project Configurations that the Voicebank field leads to the exact place her recordings are at. (If you haven't moved her, it should be "voice¥uta".) You could also try browsing to show UTAU the exact place the voicebank you're trying to use is by hitting the [...] button to the right. Or try dragging and dropping her voicebank folder into the UTAU window.

Reactions: Ari

Ari

Teto's Territory
Thank you for responding so quickly.
[idk if these pictures will help]

The Voicebank does show "voice¥uta"
Screenshot (3).png

Yet the Property of Voice Bank shows zero files and bytes
Screenshot (2).png

There are ".wav" files and "wav.frq" files inside of the "uta" voice file
(what are even the difference between the two?)

Lyouuv

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So the two things I'd try is;

- If your UTAU folder is under Program Files, move it somewhere else (like Documents or Desktop)
- If you check the oto, are her samples showing up in there/do they show up in voice configurations?

I'm not sure if you've done anything to her voicebank or not, but it could be worth quickly re-installing UTAU and taking the new Uta and replacing it with the one that's not working.

Reactions: Ari