- Emo designs
- Yanderes/tsunderes
- Street clothes
- Monochrome designs
- Over-sexed designs
- Rip-offs, obviously.

K

khisui

Gaiters.. They are over-used and looks already oold (hopefully gaiter is the correct word...)

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
faerimagic link said:
[quote author=poundthemochi link=topic=1045.msg7826#msg7826 date=1332990219]
I don't like it when their designed with MS Paint. There faces are curved weird and creepy.

Speaking of which...
I dislike it IMMENSELY when people use bases for their UTAUs.
I really don't like them. I wouldn't mind it if they used an original MS Paint avatar, as long as they DIDN'T USE A BASE.

I feel like I just want to draw their UTAU for them, just so they wouldn't have to use one! :uhm: But I really don't have the time right now to do that.

It turns me off. =_=
[/quote]

http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/Jun_Ningyoune
I'm talking about this one link above.
I have no problem about Digital drawn utau  ( like with a drawing pad).
I just don't like when put no effort in it.
Heck, I don't even have a drawing pad my self. I made Habu Jozo by sketch.
I don't want
to be mean to who's utau this though. I agree with you

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I apologize if I offend someone, since it is done fairly often in UTAU, but I am irritated by heterochromia and million colored hair.

If the UTAU sounds good, I won't mind at all (I always do that, not matter how...ugh...their design is). But everytime I see an UTAU with different colored eyes and multi-colored hair, I instantly think less of it, ESPECIALLY the heterochromia one. And it makes me even sadder when it's very clear the design could have worked much better if both eyes were the same color.

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
i just would like to say that you can't design anything in a program
you can only draw things in a program
SO LIKE if you made the design within MS PAINT as in that's where you drew it, but you didn't make the official art with something else (like photoshop or GIMP or SAI) then that bothers me.  /off topic
However it also bothers me if MS PAINT super-saturated colors are all over the place on a design. :uhm:

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
poundthemochi link said:
[quote author=faerimagic link=topic=1045.msg7862#msg7862 date=1333033347]
I don't like it when their designed with MS Paint. There faces are curved weird and creepy.

Speaking of which...
I dislike it IMMENSELY when people use bases for their UTAUs.
I really don't like them. I wouldn't mind it if they used an original MS Paint avatar, as long as they DIDN'T USE A BASE.

I feel like I just want to draw their UTAU for them, just so they wouldn't have to use one! :uhm: But I really don't have the time right now to do that.

It turns me off. =_=
[/quote]

http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/Jun_Ningyoune
I'm talking about this one link above.
I have no problem about Digital drawn utau  ( like with a drawing pad).
I just don't like when put no effort in it.
Heck, I don't even have a drawing pad my self. I made Habu Jozo by sketch.
I don't want
to be mean to who's utau this though. I agree with you
[/quote]

About that UTAU, I agree it might be lacking a little design-wise, but I just feel glad that at least it wasn't made with a base.

shinami link said:
I apologize if I offend someone, since it is done fairly often in UTAU, but I am irritated by heterochromia and million colored hair.

If the UTAU sounds good, I won't mind at all (I always do that, not matter how...ugh...their design is). But everytime I see an UTAU with different colored eyes and multi-colored hair, I instantly think less of it, ESPECIALLY the heterochromia one. And it makes me even sadder when it's very clear the design could have worked much better if both eyes were the same color.

:'D *only UTAUloid has heterochromia*
Haha, I never really understood heterochromia, either. I was aware of the frustrations concerning heterochromia, so I incorporated it with her to increase the "otaku-ishness".
But I myself, like muti-colored hair. And when I say multi, I mean bi-colored, or tri-colored. Anything with a rainbow pallete of hair locks is usually too much, in my opinion.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
shinami link said:

All of this.  Especially heterochromia.  I'm instantly turned way off from a design if it's got heterochromia--and I almost ALWAYS think it could have looked better without it. D:

Multi-colored hair can be done tastefully if it's not the typical color combinations.  That's one I go either way on, but I get pretty turned off on designs that do it wrong.

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
Hentai link said:

What if it is intentional?

Anyways I'd agree with most points on color & Crypton copy-pasta but I am a firm believer that there is charm in simplicity and I feel that sometimes people add elements simply to have more elements in their design.

So if I had to list one design turn-off not listed in this thread it would be "over-design" to the point where aspects/accessories just seem superfluous and their only reason for being there is simply to have more 'stuff' in the design.
[/quote]
Well, I don't know. I never like to be rude or anything. You could try better than that. My utau is made on paper not digitally. :T

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
poundthemochi link said:
[quote author=Hentai link=topic=1045.msg7838#msg7838 date=1333007808]

Anyways I'd agree with most points on color & Crypton copy-pasta but I am a firm believer that there is charm in simplicity and I feel that sometimes people add elements simply to have more elements in their design.

So if I had to list one design turn-off not listed in this thread it would be "over-design" to the point where aspects/accessories just seem superfluous and their only reason for being there is simply to have more 'stuff' in the design.
[/quote]
Well, I don't know. I never like to be rude or anything. You could try better than that. My utau is made on paper not digitally. :T
[/quote]

Ehhh...well I feel like this is more of an art quality thing versus an actual design thing ya know? Cause you can't really design with an art program like Kenji said. Faces, as you put them, can still come off as being "curved weird and creepy" even when they aren't drawn in MS Paint. See:

Mynewutsu.png

Terrible scribble done in Paint Tool SAI @_@ Even UTAUs drawn on paper can look like they have a very poor design if the person isn't very good at drawing because they might not be able to convey their design idea very well.

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
IrisFlower link said:
[quote author=poundthemochi link=topic=1045.msg8215#msg8215 date=1333231160]
[quote author=Hentai link=topic=1045.msg7838#msg7838 date=1333007808]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ehhh...well I feel like this is more of an art quality thing versus an actual design thing ya know? Cause you can't really design with an art program like Kenji said. Faces, as you put them, can still come off as being "curved weird and creepy" even when they aren't drawn in MS Paint. See:

Mynewutsu.png

Terrible scribble done in Paint Tool SAI @_@ Even UTAUs drawn on paper can look like they have a very poor design if the person isn't very good at drawing because they might not be able to convey their design idea very well.
[/quote]
I agree. By the way that picture looks way better than my current profile picture.(which is my utau)

glaciachan

Teto's Territory
-Crypton-ish designs (anything from pre-2010 gets a pass, however)
-vocaloid recolors
-Too complex
-Bad color schemes
-Overused color schemes (I'm looking at you, red and black)

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
poundthemochi link said:
[quote author=IrisFlower link=topic=1045.msg8247#msg8247 date=1333238096]

Ehhh...well I feel like this is more of an art quality thing versus an actual design thing ya know? Cause you can't really design with an art program like Kenji said. Faces, as you put them, can still come off as being \"curved weird and creepy\" even when they aren't drawn in MS Paint. See:

Mynewutsu.png

I agree. By the way that picture looks way better than my current profile picture.(which is my utau)
[/quote]

Off Topic:
Oh, um, thank you? XD I personally think it looks horrendous compared to how I really draw though...-shrug- I guess my professor was right...it's hard for good artists to draw bad ||OTL
And you just need practice is all ;u; I've been drawing for quite some time. So just keep at it and you'll get better!

On Topic:

I don't really have an opinion on heterochromia...well I guess I do prefer it when they use natural eye colors vs unnatural. But then people usual throw the "then all the UTAUs who have heterochromia would look the same blah blah blah then why do hair colors get to be every color of the rainbow then blah blah blah" argument at me so meh...

Ciel Phantomhive

Teto's Territory
I really like heterochromia and think it can look really nice! o 3 o But it has to be colors that compliment each other well, or it just looks icky.
The only reason I gave Ciel Shiin heterochromia is because I have heterochromia in real life (it's not extremely obvious, like Ciel's green/purple, but if you look at my eyes it's noticeable- my right eye is greenish, while my left eye is greyish blue.) I do agree that it's slightly overplayed, which is why I didn't use it more. But in general, I think it's pretty cool.
The same thing for two or three (no more) tones in hair. It can look really pretty if you have a good sense of color.

Lack of effort into the design is the main thing that bothers me, honestly. If you're not good at something, get help! Don't just leave it and say it's good enough! D:

Tortoiseshel

Momo's Minion
shinami link said:
Oh, to add to the MS Paint debate...
http://aeruko.deviantart.com/art/NotSoChibi-Kaeru-199331478
Some people are really good at it.
(Would have found a better example by him, but he deleted his account. ; A ; )
Really, it's about skills and proficiency with a program that makes things look good.
Honestly, that's not really doing MSPaint much justice. These are much better examples of what can be done in MSPaint with enough skills.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=ms+paint#/d1i2uls
http://bencizdim.deviantart.com/art/Audi-Allroad-in-MS-Paint-86328177?q=boost%3Apopular%20ms%20paint&qo=37

Angel

Momo's Minion
Tortoiseshel link said:
[quote author=shinami link=topic=1045.msg8249#msg8249 date=1333238865]
Really, it's about skills and proficiency with a program that makes things look good.
Honestly, that's not really doing MSPaint much justice. These are much better examples of what can be done in MSPaint with enough skills.
http://bencizdim.deviantart.com/art/Audi-Allroad-in-MS-Paint-86328177?q=boost%3Apopular%20ms%20paint&qo=37
[/quote]

But the point Iris was trying to make is that.
'With MSPaint you can produce decent art with the right skills'
Same with Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop. With all of these programs with knowlegde, good pictures can be made.
We don't have to spend a lot of time on MsPaint to make a good picture, a good one can be made in the same time as one on Photoshop.
I drew one myself this took 30-40 mins.

25Vbl.png

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
IrisFlower link said:
[quote author=poundthemochi link=topic=1045.msg8344#msg8344 date=1333299803]
[quote author=IrisFlower link=topic=1045.msg8247#msg8247 date=1333238096]

Ehhh...well I feel like this is more of an art quality thing versus an actual design thing ya know? Cause you can't really design with an art program like Kenji said. Faces, as you put them, can still come off as being \"curved weird and creepy\" even when they aren't drawn in MS Paint. See:

Mynewutsu.png

[/quote]

Off Topic:
Oh, um, thank you? XD I personally think it looks horrendous compared to how I really draw though...-shrug- I guess my professor was right...it's hard for good artists to draw bad ||OTL
And you just need practice is all ;u; I've been drawing for quite some time. So just keep at it and you'll get better!

On Topic:

I don't really have an opinion on heterochromia...well I guess I do prefer it when they use natural eye colors vs unnatural. But then people usual throw the "then all the UTAUs who have heterochromia would look the same blah blah blah then why do hair colors get to be every color of the rainbow then blah blah blah" argument at me so meh...
[/quote]
Thanks, I tried to make utau look noticable. When, I have engough money to buy one of the bamaboo pads, it would turn out a lot nicer. 

glaciachan

Teto's Territory
RE: Heterochromia; I think it would be nice if more people used, like central heterochromia in their UTAU's design. It can be really pretty, and, from what I can tell, a hell of a lot more common than complete heterochromia in real life.

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
Angel link said:
[quote author=Tortoiseshel link=topic=1045.msg8543#msg8543 date=1333350056]
[quote author=shinami link=topic=1045.msg8249#msg8249 date=1333238865]
[/quote]

But the point Iris was trying to make is that.
'With MSPaint you can produce decent art with the right skills'
Same with Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop. With all of these programs with knowlegde, good pictures can be made.
We don't have to spend a lot of time on MsPaint to make a good picture, a good one can be made in the same time as one on Photoshop.
I drew one myself this took 30-40 mins.

25Vbl.png
[/quote]
6v6 Oh I know but, what I'm trying to say is. If you didn't make your utau design with any effort at all. What is the point. I cannot draw with a mouse that's all I'm trying to say. :D
Another Example I stumbled on: http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/Tree
Again no offense for ever it may concern.

P

PurinPuff

[sub]I think I enjoy complementary and analogous color schemes the most out when it comes to colors to a design.

Examples of:

Complementary: Fuki Kusane (Orange and Blue) and Kiki Okashine (Red and Green)

Analogous: Aline Enukyoku (Purple and the teal-ish blue.) and HARMON-E (Yellow, Orange and Brown)

--

My pet peeves are when someone makes an UTAU and they insist on having EVERY color in the rainbow in their design; it's too busy. The way I see it, sometime colors can distract from the main design, and bold colors don't sit well with me. Because of this reason, I'm mistrusting of double hair colors and heterochromia, as well, although I admit, sometimes these can be pulled off well.[/sub]

TL;DR: Purin ranted about the importance of color.

EDITED

@ poundthemochi: Tree is a joke-loid, so I'm not surprised. xD