Division By Zero Error?

UsoppFanGirl

Momo's Minion
So I was editing frq files along with the oto editor in utau. My "mo" note wasn't playing so i tried to fix it. However, when I went and edited some parts of the oto settings, i went into the oto editor and a "Division by zero" error message showed up. Can someone help me out with this? I don't know what caused it, and currently, "mo" still does not play.
Screenshot for reference:

Screenshot (1050).png

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I've tried to find people who've had the same error, but most if not all I could find were posts relating to midi and not the oto editor.
Only one post was somewhat relevant but the cause could have been multiple things based from that persons screenshots, so instead I recomend going through this check list:
- The decimal setting have to be set to a dot "." instead of a comma ","
- The recordings have to be mono
- The recordings have to be in 44100Hz
- Make sure to change the folder permissions if you're keeping the program in programfiles.

Judging on the image you've allredy installed utau under japanese locale, but I do wonder if you installed the japanese version or changed the settings. Just asking in case you want it to be in english or not.

Pilot

Momo's Minion
Hi! Glad to found you here Usoppbodypillow
I think this is not going to solve anything, but sometimes when you play a UST you can get a "division by zero error". I'm not sure all the resamplers shows a error message saying this happened, but i'm sure bkh01 does.
When there's no error message, you can guess there's a division by zero error if the black window that opens while playing a ust stops writing and stay like that no matter how long you wait (I do not know if others errors make that too). Anyways this can happen with any resampler

The "division by zero error" you can get while playing a ust can be solved by looking in the oto. Check if the "Consonant" (pink part) and the "CutOff" (End blue part) touch. If so, then separate them. That should solve the problem.
Also, friendly and quick reminder for anyone reading this:
First the green bar,
later the red bar