How much should purchasable UTAU's be?

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
As you guys may know, I am making the African's Children Project (Changing the name soon)
I need to know how much should buyable UTAUs be? I know they must be really good quality voicebanks as well have good designs and good art. I'm not even sure how much the windows 100% UTAU magazines are sold for. Can you guys help me on how much the pricing should be?

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well the thing is preference when it comes to a bank.
My Commercial banks cost between $1 - $5
Some people charge around $20 for their UTAU banks.
Quality and Quantity have a lot to do with pricing. If your UTAU is high Quality you can charge more (This is determined by how clear and humanistic they sound in UTAU which Mic Quality helps a lot)
Quantity is a sense of how much is put into the bank. This usually has to do with Pitches and/or Appends included. Some members say that a Japanese voicebank isn't worth much at all since Japanese is such a common language for UTAU(s) to sing in, BUUUT an UTAU who sings in a language no one uses is also pretty much worthless.
Really the best chance you got of making money is to combine a Japanese VCV Mulipitch (Or append) voicebank and package it with an English VCCV bank to make any profits at all.
Since I am assuming you do not have 200+ subscribers yet on your YouTube or SoundCloud you may want to charge less than $5

Macne UTAU(s) weren't originally UTAU(s) but were paid for and cost $10 or less I believe at the time. As for windows 100% they were most likely around the $20 range. (Though I can't be positive)

Skiyoshi 十三

Lotus#12915
Defender of Defoko
It all depends on the bank. But also realize a lot of UTAU's fanbase is not of working age as well.
I know Windows 100% magazine is about $20~$29 considering shipping/foreign money/etc.
I'd pay about $5~$8 for a bank with good quality but only 1 pitch. $8~$15 at most for a good quality bank of at least 3 pitches or appends. Plus for me, English > Japanese, because I cannot do VCCV myself. So as Stars said, language can affect the price as well.Even though I said the same as Stars, hope my opinion also helps you.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Not only do the banks need to be good quality but there needs to be a demand.
You could make the highest quality bank possible and no one will biy it if it's something no one wants.

That being said, if you manage to break through the common quality barrier then you can probably charge around $5 for a single pitch bank.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm in agreement that quality as well as quantity and demand should determine your price scheme. Don't charge for a bank that's not up to snuff as far as the mic quality and the configuration quality is concerned. A bank full of digital and acoustic noise is not fun to listen to, use, or mix, and no one should have to do a full overhaul of the configuration. A multipitch bank to prevent engine strain at lower and higher octaves will also be of higher value of purchase than a single pitch with a short range.

The languages a given voice can support should also be put into consideration. Japanese alone is a dime a dozen. I wouldn't charge more than $5 if appends weren't added to the equation. Other Asian languages are less common, but viable if marketed to the appropriate audience. Romance languages and English are high in demand. If there's no demand for Arabic or Swahili, you're going to have a hard time convincing people that it's a worthy purchase. People will buy languages that they'll use in some capacity and are familiar with.

Last edited: