Resource [LATIN CV BREATH]

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
This is my first time making a reclist! Sorry if it's off or anything! I just really love latin and wanted this. Lance is still in production but here we go! [Mirrored from my Deviantart] I call this the "element reclist system] a series of expeiremental reclists for lesser known and some off handed languages! This is the breath latin reclist. Not a "voicy" or "whispery bank" and since this is latin the old latin roman joke goes /apollo says hi /j anyways! HEre we go vita von doyai (probably spelled that wrong tbh)

To start off this is not a reclist for beginners. I assume most of you do not speak Latin. It’s kind of expected, it's sorta a dead language. It’s also more so read then spoken. If you want to do covers with this I suggest you commision some translyrics from either fiver or upwork. You’ll need a translator theirs just not a lot of covers.

If you want something modern. Otherwise heres a latin song, heres a latin song, heres a latin song, and heres a latin song. You can just look up on youtube “Latin Cover” and theirs a lot of options.

Latin sounds different depending on what time period and pronunciation you use. However I like most people prefer the classical pronunciation so that is what this list tries to emulate.

This bank is inherently experimental in nature so please keep that in mind! It is done a bit differently but the numbers serve a purpose I swear!

Secondly it’s a bit of a bank to record. There's a lot of sounds here. However it is a CV bank with a few extra sounds for ease of access and extra use. If you know what your doing you can omit sounds to your pleasure and fiddle with premade usts. If you can handle VCCV or a standard chinese bank you should be good.

Also if you want examples of people speaking latin i suggest this video, this video, and this video.
Additionally you’ll want to check out this video (vowels), this video (consonants), and this video (general good vibes). In general it will help you with pronunciation.

This reclist is meant to encompass the sounds of the Latin language. It’s best used by people who speak latin or who have a good understanding of UTAU and experimental banks already. Or people who are fluent in Latin full stop. If you're new to UTAU or don’t speak an ounce this isn’t the reclist for you, wait until you have more experience with the software please. I know it can be exciting to record a bank in a language you adore but don’t speak just because you found a cool new program! This isn’t it though.

You don’t need to know Latin to use this bank but it will help immensely. You may find yourself frustrated otherwise (like people who pick up VCCV English without knowing UTAU for the first time and end up quitting) but the videos I linked should help ease a lot of that tension.

This reclist is public domain and free to use! So go ahead and use it and translate this introduction and disclaimers (but keep the english/roman/latin characters for they are important for this) to your heart's content. However I can’t stress this enough. This list of sounds should be in English with the roman characters. Most of the USTS I release will be in English characters with the numbers and it will just make it easier for you when creating and using usts.

You can alias characters however you want. You can add tutorials for it in whatever language you desire but it’s best done with English/roman characters in mind.
LATIN AND ENGLISH USE THE SAME WRITING SYSTEM.

Lance Lazor my UTAUloid is planned to have a whole coverable (with off vocals, usts and all) album in latin and that will be linked later when it comes out on this post. Until then here is Lance’s Latin Bank with an english later latin description (the password is “puppy”)
(to get over language barriers) and english and japanese translations on his page. His bank (while bad with the r’s) can be used as an example bank aka you just need to copy (emulate) how it sounds in order to get yours working. If you’ve found this early for whatever reason and would like to record a sample bank or release yours early just DM Me on twitter or on UTAFORUM.

So without further a do, I present to you dear viewer, my Latin Reclist. For more UTAU stuff check me out on wordpress.

c (kh- as in sky) can also be used in place of “k” via any lyrics
K (here to make reclists easier. But is virtually identical to ch)
kh (c- as in sky) can also be used in place of “c” via any lyrics
(Al the k sounds are kinda synonyms with each other but there done differently for the purposes of usting and this is for experimental purposes. This can be altered for your own reclists but I would suggest leaving this in if your basing your banks on mine)
a1 (similar to uh but cut a little short)
a (an Ah- sound like in father)
e (eh sound like in pet)
ih (ih as in sit)
i (ee as in machine)
o (o as in short)
o1 (oh as in holy)
u (like in put)
u1 (ooh like in true)
y (like in the german word Stück)
y1 (like in the german word früh)
ae (like in aisle)
au (like in out)
ei (ey or ay like in they)
eu (like in the portuguese eu or the british low)
oe (oy as in toy or boy)
ui (ooe-ey like in the spanish muey or hooey)
yi (this is a greek dipthong like ui not necessary but you’ll want to have it in the bank)
g (g as in good, never soft or a juh sound like in gem)
gn (ngn)
I (like yah as in yard never a juh sound like in just)
i1 (this is used for double songs or sounds and usting)
N (n as in men)
P (p as in spy)
Pah (puh for a more stressed out sound via using this can be omited)
ph (p as in party)
kw (can also be substituted for qu. kw as in quick)
ku (the quu sound in latin,
r (the r sound like in Italian and other romance languages)
s (s as in say and rise or measure)
t (as in stay never as in nation)
th (as in thime and aspired never as in thing or that)
v (like the beginning of a syllable such as in way or weave a “wuh” sound not a “vuh” sound)
x (a ks- sound)
z (as in zoom not as in pizza)
F (as in face)
m (as in mamia or me)
b (as in bat)
ba (as in bear)
r (a rolling strong r like a dogs bark)
ca1_ca_ce_cih (sound like these will be chopped up individually via oto)
co_co1_cu_cu1
cy_cy1_cae_cau
cei_ceu_cui_ci1
kha1_kha_khe_khih
kho_kho1_khu_khu1
khy_khy1_khae_khau
Khei_kheu_khui_khi1
ga1_ga_ge_gih
go_go1_gu_gu1
gy_gy1_gae_gau
gnei_gneu_gnui_gni1
gna1_gna_gne_gnih
gno_gno1_gnu_gnu1
gny_gny1_gnae_gnau
gnei_gneu_gnui_gni1
na1_na_ne_nih
no_no1_nu_nu1
ny_ny1_nae_nau
nei_neu_nui_ni1
pa1_pa_pe_pih
po_po1_pu_pu1
py_py1_pae_pau
pei_peu_pui_pi1
kwa1_kwa_kwe_kwih
kwo_kwo1_kwu_kwu1
kwy_kwy1_kwae_kwau
Kwei_kweu_kwui_kwi1
kua1_kua_kue_kuih
kuo_kuo1_kuu_kuu1
kuy_kuy1_kuae_kuau
Kuei_kueu_kuui_kui1
ra1_rua_rue_rih
ro_ruo1_ru_ru1
ry_ruy1_rae_rau
rei_reu_rui_ri1
sa1_sa_se_sih
so_so1_su_su1
sy_sy1_sae_sau
sei_seu_sui_si1
ta1_ta_te_tih
to_to1_tu_tu1
ty_ty1_tae_tau
Tei_teu_tui_ti1
tha1_tha_the_thih
tho_tho1_thu_thu1
thy_thy1_thae_thau
thei_theu_thui_thi1
va1_va_ve_vih
vo_vo1_vu_vu1
vy_vy1_vae_vau
vei_veu_vui_vi
xa1_xa_xe_xih
xo_xo1_xu_xu1
xy_xy1_xae_xau
xei_xeu_xui_xi1
za1_za_ze_zih
zo_zo1_zu_zu1
zy_zy1_zae_zau
zei_zeu_zui_zi1
fa1_fa_fe_fih
fo_fo1_fu_fu1
fy_fy1_fae_fau
fei_feu_fui_fi1
ma1_ma_me_mih
mo_mo1_mu_mu1
my_my1_mae_mau
mei_meu_mui_mi1
ba1_ba_be_bih
bo_bo1_bu_bu1
by_by1_bae_bau
bei_beu_bui_bi1
baa1_baa_bae_baih
bao_bao1_bau_bau1
bay_bay1_baae_baau
baei_baeu_baui_bai1
ra1_ra_re_rih
ro_ro1_ru_ru1
ry_ry1_rae_rau
rei_reu_rui_ri1

And that’s it! That’s the bank! To see it in action check here!

Lance’s Latin Designs

Last edited: