My personal top 5 recommended utau for beginners

SunnyWolves

Momo's Minion
5. Kasane Teto
You know her, and you might like her. She's very popular, versatile, and can sound good even with beginner equipment like resampler.exe and audacity, but falls off quickly once you learn more stuff.

4. Yamine Renri
Realistic girl that we all also know and love. Why is she down so low? Well, despite her realism and quality, she does have noticeable background noise and what little flaws she does have are quite noticable.

3. Yokune Ruko
Either gender provides very versatile high quality and powerful voices that can be used in several circumstances while also being quite popular.

2. Mine Laru
Sexy masculine vocal with a preference towards softer tones and my personal fav. All of his banks have several pitches, which means he is quite large, and some of his voicebanks have quality or oto issues and he isn't the most popular. For best results use Octa (found under the same link as his arpasing one.

1. Gekiyaku
Gekiyaku is a voicebank that is as versatile as you can possibly get and has tones for every scenario you can be in while each has very little problems with them. Need a laughing voicebank? An Acme Iku replacement? A Kasane Teto Sakebi replacement? A complete whisper? She has all of them and more.

Remember that this is all my personal opinion and I'd love to hear your recommendations!