New VOCALOID: Rana

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sad news someone messaged them on tumblr I think and Rana's codes in her magazibe only work in Japan so for the people who ordered her magazine you will never get to keep her forever :sad:

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Watakashiloid Try not to double post, friend. Especially within two minutes, it's not needed. There's an edit button if you need to add info to your post.

As for not being able to permanently acquire Rana...that's...just really sucky. =/ I don't understand why they'd let overseas people have a taste and then not be able to keep her ;; Might as well not give her to overseas people at all then.

Reactions: Xuu

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That like, really sucks.
I'm definitely asking them about releasing her properly afterwards now.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, POlkaloid!Rana will risk to happen..... Even though no matter what happens every Vocaloid knows the polkaloid fate and that anyway Rana would have ended up being hacked her too =/

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I think it's obvious that Rana'll be pocaloided, but oh well.

What're you gonna do? It's just part of every VOCALOID nowadays.

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
Yup. If it exists it will be cracked. But, thats the only way overseas users will be able to have her, so I cant feel too bad!

Fokkusu

Momo's Minion
Nothing we can do about it. :/ I don't see problems with it as long as it isn't for monetary value, plus she is per subscription, at least support the company by purchasing a subscription for once.

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
Yes, I want to support a company that doesnt want me having their product......

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah oteto's right why support someone when they don't want you to have it. There is also barely any info on a normal voicebank

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The thing is, there's no point. The tickets don't work for overseas users, and you need 30 tickets to get the unlimited version of Rana and assumedly VOCALOID3. There's info on her Voicebank page like her range and stuff.

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, I'll ask them if they'll sell her afterwards, but it'll be a while considering I need to wait for Japanese Class to start again ono"

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The whole thing is super weird to me. I was following the magazine's Facebook page for a while, and they almost always posted in Japanese with an English translation. If they're not remotely interested in selling her overseas, why would they do that?

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I make sure to check whenever it's in my feed, but it's really weird that they'd do that now I think about it...

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
The whole thing is super weird to me. I was following the magazine's Facebook page for a while, and they almost always posted in Japanese with an English translation. If they're not remotely interested in selling her overseas, why would they do that?
To taunt us.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Honestly I don't think they're doing it to taunt us.

If their tweets are anything to go by, they're very nice people. Shipping overseas is a lot more expensive than you may think, and with a magazine it would add up very quickly.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
They probably didn't expect her to become popular overseas or for the overseas audience to be interested in the first place. You'd be surprised how many Vocaloid companies and producers highly underestimate or are even completely unaware of their overseas audience and when they find out how big it is they're very surprised. Like the time sakuramodki released a free album and was blown away by the amount of overseas people who downloaded it. He'd never even considered overseas people were so into his music; at least not that many, so now he's thinking of ways to release more albums for his overseas audience.

So as far as the people behind Rana go, they probably felt like the overseas interest wouldn't be big enough to warrant giving her full final version to them....weird? Well yeah. And it still sucks...at least it's been made clear to them at this point that the overseas community wants her too so there is hope they'll release her another way for them. They're at least considering it.