• If you do not recieve your confirmation email within a few hours, please email haloutau@gmail.com with your username for manual validation. Your account should be activated within 24 hours.
    You may also reach out via any other listed contact on Admin Halo's about page: https://utaforum.net/members/halo.194/#about

OpenUTAU EN ARPA phonemizer not working correctly

skrunkly62910

Momo's Minion
Since there's literally nowhere else to discuss help topic like this, (my github account was suspended despite me never using it and the openutau reddit is private) I came here.

Basically, I have an arpasing voicebank and it seems to work as normal until I want to break up the syllables of a word using the "+" symbol on the arpasing phonemizer. For some reason, it just doesn't do that and still forces all the phonemes into one note. It seems like I'm using it as it was intended but the note is still blank. Here's a screenshot:
1687295149026.png
My best assumption is that the phonemizer isn't complete and doesn't recognize the syllables of every word, but I swear I've used the same EN ARPA phonemizer before and had no problems.
perhaps it's an issue with the voicebank itself but I doubt it. If it's important, I'm using Milk English. Yes it's an arpasing bank.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Check the notes if you accidentally added some spaces before/after the word and before/after the + sign.
You can also check if you have a customized dictionary (arpasing.yaml file) in the Plugins folder and the voicebank folder.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
- If there's a space in front of + it should look like this:
1687337736451.png

Actually, I can't really find any case where "+" shows up in the phoneme display. I tested Milk, but we may have different configurations seeing as you have a portrait. Did you set up Voice Colors or rename any pitches? Only ask because it looks like "ao rA +" is a valid alias, but I can't find that in my version of Milk. Certainly check if you have a custom dictionary, restart OU, and consider updating if this isn't the latest version, just as a start.

skrunkly62910

Momo's Minion
Check the notes if you accidentally added some spaces before/after the word and before/after the + sign.
You can also check if you have a customized dictionary (arpasing.yaml file) in the Plugins folder and the voicebank folder.
oof yeah, seems like that was an issue. the original vocal file was an SVP that I converted into a MIDI so I guess that's where the spacing of the notes goofed up -.- Thanks for the acvice.
On the subject of OpenUTAU updates though, it seems like each time I update it the more it stops working properly. It glitches and crashes more than usual now and it also always forgets my resamplers on the "ENG" expresssion every time I reopen the app, so I assumed this was another goof.
I don't really understand the technical aspects for UTAU or OU so this is all still very new to me

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you change the setup in expressions, make sure to save the project as a template, and make that your default template for all new projects.