Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't think you're an ass XD I just think that you may have the wrong idea about the fandom...and it just bothers me when people say the fandom is so god awful when I myself have had such a nice experience. I mean okay I admit that I've had some rough times but I've had so many good ones that they out weigh the bad so I'm just...I dunno. I have no idea what it is you and I are doing so differently that causes us to have completely different experiences.

As for the whole cliques thing that I forgot to mention...really I've only seen one that bothers me because it feels like the people involved want nothing and I do mean absolutely NOTHING to do with the rest of us and would rather just hang out with each other because the rest of us wouldn't understand or our UTAU are not a part of their little group. But that's fine so be it. Let them be off in their little group, I'd rather not isolate myself like them anyway =/

StarlightsShadow

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I want to put out that I've been on this forum before as Herostar, but I never really accomplished anything on that last short time. At least people helped me out the last time I was here. Now, I'm feel like I'm just being ignored... What did I do? I posted a re-introduction a few weeks ago, but no one welcomed me back and I feel a little upset about that. I am a shy person when it comes to chating, but I would like to contribute now that I have some knowledge of using UTAU, and now trying to make my own UTAUloids. Can someone tell me why I'm being ignored? It would clear up a lot for me, because I really want to be a great UTAU user, but it won't help if everyone ignores me. ;~;

I don't like ranting about stuff like this, but I needed to put this out. I really would like to have friends here, so it upsets me about be ignored...

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@StarlightsShadow
I don't wanna sound like I don't care but when I joined the other forum I only had one person welcome me to the fandom and that was Milly...and I know what you're thinking:

"Well that's better than no one!"

Really it's not. It's practically equal to no one(no offence Milly). It made me feel like she was only welcoming me because no on else did. So...yeah. And I'm sure you're not the only person who hasn't been welcomed or anything to the forums so I don't think that's something you should get your underwear in a knot for.

Second, it doesn't seem like you've posted that much...you gotta jump in further than that if you don't want to be "ignored". Actually on that note I don't think people are really ignoring you even if you may feel that way. You have to remember when it comes to the UTAU fandom...everyone is watching everyone else and it is VERY difficult for us to focus on more than one thing or person for more than a second...

Long story short...give it time and relax. Everyone is busy with their own stuff and we can't always drop everything we're doing for one person, okay? I don't want to sound like I don't know how you're feeling...because I do! I've been there. I was in you're same position last year except I didn't have a rant thread to post my problem in, I was left to figure it out for myself...and I did. I kept trying and posting and becoming active in the community and now I have lots of friends who care about me. But it didn't happen within a few weeks trust me.

And one more thing...try joining utauonline if you think you're having problems. The community there is much smaller imo than UF and you're more likely to get a response to questions if you have any.

StarlightsShadow

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
IrisFlower link said:
@StarlightsShadow
I don't wanna sound like I don't care but when I joined the other forum I only had one person welcome me to the fandom and that was Milly...and I know what you're thinking:

\"Well that's better than no one!\"

Really it's not. It's practically equal to no one(no offence Milly). It made me feel like she was only welcoming me because no on else did. So...yeah. And I'm sure you're not the only person who hasn't been welcomed or anything to the forums so I don't think that's something you should get your underwear in a knot for.

Second, it doesn't seem like you've posted that much...you gotta jump in further than that if you don't want to be \"ignored\". Actually on that note I don't think people are really ignoring you even if you may feel that way. You have to remember when it comes to the UTAU fandom...everyone is watching everyone else and it is VERY difficult for us to focus on more than one thing or person for more than a second...

Long story short...give it time and relax. Everyone is busy with their own stuff and we can't always drop everything we're doing for one person, okay? I don't want to sound like I don't know how you're feeling...because I do! I've been there. I was in you're same position last year except I didn't have a rant thread to post my problem in, I was left to figure it out for myself...and I did. I kept trying and posting and becoming active in the community and now I have lots of friends who care about me. But it didn't happen within a few weeks trust me.

And one more thing...try joining utauonline if you think you're having problems. The community there is much smaller imo than UF and you're more likely to get a response to questions if you have any.

Thank you. I feel a bit better now knowing that. I think most of my problem is that I'm an impatient person, and I just take things the wrong way. ^^;. I'm going to look into utauonline, and again thanks. ^-^

P

PurinPuff

Meta link said:
I don't like the UTAU community. I've been into UTAU for a year and a half out of my own enjoyment. I started when my best friend got into UTAU and I thought it was really awesome so I started too. I was kind of alone doing my own thing for a long time, not even realizing there was a huge community or so many other UTAU out there. When this did dawn on me, I was very hesitant to join. I wasn't sure what to expect.

So I a few months ago I finally made the effort. I sucked it up, I joined UO, I made an account here, I even finally made Wiki pages for my UTAU. I think the reason I was so hesitant to do any of this is because I always thought I would screw something up, people would call me a retarded newb and that'd be the only impression anyone had of me. And I'm not great, really. I ask a lot of stupid questions and people get annoyed at me for asking them, but it's because I have a hard time understanding what I have to do and I want to be able to get better.

I was afraid when I joined the community, I'd just be told straight up that my UTAU suck and I should stop trying and just give up. Well, I didn't get told that. I got told nothing, really. Upon \"joining\" the community... no, not joining. I feel I am an outsider looking in. A lot of people are friends, and I want to be able to make friends, but I feel like no one really wants me around. If I point out a cover I made or am particularly proud of I feel I am being annoying and trying to shove my UTAU in other people's faces. I try to be very conscious of this because I don't want anyone to be annoyed with me.

I have to say though, thinking I am getting judged drove me to improve by many large strides. Instead of just dicking around by myself I felt I had an audience to impress. it wasn't true, but I liked having the feeling because it has truly helped the quality of my work. Even if there actually is no audience. But personally I can feel happy knowing that my UTAU have gotten better... even if no one else has noticed.

There are lots of reasons no one notices me. My UTAU aren't anything special. I'm not able to be around a lot because I have a life, I go to college and I have a lot of work to do. UTAU is one of the things I can play with in the little spare time I have. I think of my UTAU as people and I want to help them reach their full potential, and just like real people I get frustrated with them to the point I wonder why I still bother. And then there are the moments of euphoria, the eureka moments where I go, \"Oh! That's why I'm doing this!\"

But the community itself. It has helped me improve, sure. But most of the people I've had the off-chance to talk to have been quite standoffish. Perhaps because I am not in this circle of friends. It feels a lot like the cliques in high school and I guess that's partly due to a lot of the community being teenaged girls (I'm not saying this is bad, just my thoughts on the matter). there is a lot of drama. None that I have been involved in, but drama that makes me sad it would happen in a community that claims to be supportive of one another.

In the few months I've been looking in from this window, from the outside, almost everyone seems extremely self-absorbed. of course everyone would be focused on their own UTAU. I would be a hypocrite if I said I wasn't focused on my own. But when I start a conversation revolving around UTAU, and I want to hear the other person's because I am interested in what they sound like, it is suddenly a barrage. Here listen to this cover, and this, and this, haha, so many people have complimented me on these before. Maybe they're like me an they are just so excited to have someone finally, finally want to listen to their UTAU without them bringing it up first. But I thought in a UTAU community, shouldn't everyone be interested in what hearing others' UTAU sound like, and not just trying to throw their own out there at every possible moment?

I'm a little saddened by my experience. I guess there was a good reason to hesitate to join. I try to say nice things to people and when you start to do that, they just want to hear more. I suppose it is my own fault for starting to feed it to them.

So... I it makes me wonder if I would want to stick around. If I leave, no big loss, I can go back to my little hole and the status quo has not changed.

I think this is the experience most UTAU users have when they're new to the community.
Honestly, I wouldn't consider myself a "new" person to the forum, but I can't say anyone knows of and/or cares about my UTAU. Does that bother me? No, it really doesn't.
I completely understand your feelings here; I don't frequent the chat very often -for similar reasons- and I've had enough threads ignored that I've felt invisible. (Hell, after being ignored on one of my threads, I then got choked out on it, which left me with the impression everyone hated me.) But you shouldn't let other people discourage you from what you enjoy.

I don't think you're an butt for saying what I've partially been thinking.
I would be your friend. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.